If on Methadone can you still have gastric bypass surgery with Dr. Nagle in Chicago il???

angeliej
on 6/18/11 12:53 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 09/13/11 with
I have an appontment to meet the surgeon after completing the 1st stages of the nwhospital program and I am so scared that after already paid for a phsyc. evaluation and seen the nuturionist 3 times that he will say i need to get of methatdone before gettng surgery.. I think I will loose it..I want this sooo bad but  the methadone I get is for pain management after getting hooked on pain pills and not wanting to kkep taking those  pills ... God will find a way for me I know.. Any thought s guys you can give me will be greatly appreciated... talk to you soon....i can be reached via email too [email protected]
ChristineB
on 6/18/11 7:03 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Good morning and welcome to the IL board. I am not a clinician so I do not have any knowledge of your particular situation nor can I advise either way. This is something only the doctor can answer for you after he takes your medical history. I am going to guess that you are not the first patient that he has seen with a similar situation. I am sure that he will work with you in some way shape or form to help you get healthy.

Chris

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call