FINALLY!!

strwbryblnd
on 7/21/11 9:05 am - Salem, IL
I finally got the call this afternoon!! After more than a year of evaluations, tests, consultations, etc., my surgery is scheduled for the third week of August!! I was so excited that I was shaking.. I am still excited and VERY anxious, but it is now sinking in.  With the 'excited', I am also anxious, scared, and all manner of other emotions.  I am scared that I won't be able to stick to the diet.. or that something will go wrong.. All the fears that, I am certain, everyone else has felt at this point. 
I have a TERRIFIC support system and I know that it will all go well.  A year from now, I am sincerely hoping to be riding a bicycle again!
Nancy G.
on 7/21/11 11:03 am - La Salle, IL
 Congratulations!

You are on the road to a new life full of amazement and excitement!      Your feelings are VERY normal and yes we have all been there and felt that way.  Please join us for the daily roll call.  It is a terrific group of people who are also great supporters.  We have all been in your shoes and can offer helpful advice whenever you have a question.  Just feel free to ask!  Good Luck with your surgery!

Nancy 

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 7/21/11 12:45 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Congrats, You want to ride your bike in a year? More like it within a couple of months after your surgery. Once you get through the first couple of months, you will be able to eat almost anything you want, except for sugar and starch. You are right. Everyone has a fear of the unknown.. But you will be fine. Come in for our support whenever you want to. We have a daily roll call, that some of us go on most days. What started as a daily checkin, and now turned into friendships. We are sincerely concerned about each other.

good Luck,
LISA

Start Weight   330
Current          219    BMI 38  I am in the normal range!!!
Goal Weight  180

strwbryblnd
on 7/21/11 12:54 pm - Salem, IL

Riding my bike in a couple of months??? WOW!! Now I really AM excited! That is one of the things I have really missed.  That and walking in walk-a-thons.  Before the thyroid, etc., 10 miles was nothing..and I am really looking forward to walking more than a half block without gasping for air. 
It is really great to find this place where all of you are supportive.  Not everyone can understand this, can they?  I have a great support system around me, but having others who actually know what it is I'm dealing with first hand is something special.  Thank you all for the warm welcome.

dsettle
on 7/21/11 1:16 pm - Gurnee, IL
Congrats on getting your date!!  I know how excited and scared you are feeling. I am 7 months out and I can not believe the change already.  Lisa is right, you will be riding your bike before snow falls! 
Best of luck as you prepare for this new adventure in life.  This is the best gift you are giving to yourself!!
Debbie

beck222
on 7/24/11 1:16 pm
RNY on 01/19/11 with
Congrats!  It is super exciting.  It's hard to imagine that things can change so drastically so fast but they do! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5413 views