I found out something the other day!!!

wannalose4boo09
on 12/28/11 11:57 am - Madison, IN
VSG on 01/16/12
Ponderosa accepts WLS Cards!!!!

ChristineB
on 12/28/11 9:12 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
That is a nice "find".

I never even used my WLS card. We just ordered good protein rich food off of the menu and then took the left overs home for lunches or snacks or we would order a similar appetizer or two and shared. Since my DH and I both had RNY we do a lot of sharing. We also shy away from buffets (go to them on very rare occasions like for Thanksgiving but we sit there and enjoy for close to 2 hours and that is not eating all that time either as we will talk and talk and talk . . . ) because of the tendancy to overeat is always there even with us being 8 yrs out.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

dsettle
on 12/28/11 9:44 pm - Gurnee, IL
I am sure this has been told to me before, but where can one get a WLS card?
Thanks
Debbie

PS On a side note, at Buffalo Wild Wings, they offer naked chicken strips with just a spice rub!!  They were so yummy and tasted like a greasy fried wing with out all the grease!  I ordered 4 as that was the smallest #.  My son ate one for me and decided he was going to have those next time instead!
Debbie Again!

ChristineB
on 12/28/11 10:22 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Some doctors will issue a wallet card to carry to explain that the person has had WLS.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 12/29/11 10:17 pm, edited 12/29/11 10:19 pm - Joliet, IL
I was issued a card from my doctor but I never used it.  I just take everything home in doggie bags.  I have heard too many people on the boards have had embarrassing situations happen when ignorant employees treated them badly. 

Not to mention so much of the food on the children's menu is garbage...I'm not sure why since children need to eat healthy too. 
berts4
on 12/29/11 10:48 pm, edited 12/29/11 10:48 pm - Rock City, IL
I have one and do tend to partonize buffets that accept it.  My family LOVES buffets and it is nice to be able to pay the smaller price for less food.  I never have more than one plate and only take a few bites of each thing.  They can have as much as they wish and it is nice for an evening out with family.

Besides that, I never use it.

Golden Corral also accepts them.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Nicolle
on 1/1/12 12:29 am
This may not be a popular opinion, BUT I would never use a WLS card at any restaurant. When I was 344 pounds and ate everything in sight on the buffet table (enough for at least 2 normal women), I did not have to pay EXTRA, so I figure the universe is finding its balance now. It's fair. Now I just order regular food, eat what I want, and take home what I want from the leftovers.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views