Good Friday Morning

carlak
on 10/9/15 6:54 am - Bradenton, FL

How is everyone doing this cool sunny morning.?

I have to be at Evanston Hospital at 11:00 for an Upper GI. I'm having an intense endoscopy to try to remove a mesh ball in my stoma on Wednesday. I have my doubts he can get it out this way! My Dr's in Florida tried twice! Maybe the third time is a charm!!

if not I'll have an open procedure!!

How is your day going?

image hosting site

berts4
on 10/9/15 7:39 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Carla and the rest of Illinois!

Carla, I wish you luck on your procedure and hope it works out.

I think I will call my surgeon's office and get checked out too. I haven't been up there for a few years and I'm coming up on 9 years post op. I don't really feel much restriction and can eat and eat most days. It's kind of like before surgery. It seems that once I eat solid food, I just want to keep eating. Even if the food is solid protein. It's like I don't have an, "off switch". The effect is MUCH worse if I have carbs, but I understand that. Carbs have crept back into my diet and I need to get them gone. I just think maybe I should check if I am physically the same. Who knows what damage I may have done drinking as I did?

After work, I am attending the opening show of, "Rocky Horror Show" in Rockford. No picture/video, just live actors. My niece, who I don't see much of, is going with me. It should be lots of fun.

Tomorrow, Riley is coming out and I think we may catch up on some crafting and possibly head to a Rennisance Faire in New Glarus on Sunday.

Nancy......Is Rick home? What's happening there?

Where is Sharon?

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 10/9/15 10:22 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am having a bad time sleeping right now. Every once in while I get extra tight. I am going through this tight phase right now. So the last two nights I feel a pressure in my chest and I have acid reflux. Last night I slept with 3 pillows...or tried to. It didn't wor****pt waking up and gagging and coughing. I bought some Pepcid and hopefully that will help. I only had this happen once before and it lasted a few nights and it was gone. Hopefully it will do the same thing.

So on top of the stuffiness I am having to deal with this and it is all I can do to get up in the morning. Once I get moving and out the door I feel better. I just want to feel unstuffed...I want to feel normal.

Today after work we are going to shop for Greg's mom's gift. Then we are going to get something to eat. That's it for me.

Tomorrow I have to bake a cake and clean. I think I will get some relaxing in there some where.

Carla- My fingers are crossed for you

Dawn- I need to go in for appointment also. Greg's insurance covers WLS too...so I think it will cover follow up appointments. My old insurance didn't. So it was $250 and appointment.

Well time to go...come on 4pm!!!

Nancy G.
on 10/10/15 7:41 pm - La Salle, IL

Crystal

You may want to invest in a wedge pillow. I have bought one. It really helps my breathing and for acid reflux! I love it and sleep much better. I often dont use a pillow with the wedge. Sounds strange but it works for me!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5346 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call