Monday/Tuesday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/20/15 5:09 am - IL

Good Morning, just another workday for me. We are going to Bloomington to Morgans Fall Concert tonight. This starts the first of 4 this year, and a countdown to the last one in the spring. She will graduate in June. It really doesn't seem possible.

Have a great day and a better tomorrow.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/20/15 8:30 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I kind of have a slow day at work today and my boss is out...so I can relax and take it easy.

I had my CAT scan yesterday. The only unpleasant part of the whole thing was having to lay my head completely flat. It was like opening the flood gates for my sinuses. It was lots of pressure and it was uncomfortable. No pain...just discomfort. I guess on the bright side that should show up on the CAT scan...right.

The weird thing is Sunday I bent over to do something and I did have some clear fluid come out of my ear. It was just a drop or two. I thought that was good maybe my ears would drain on their own without the doctor having to drain them. No such luck...I haven't had any more fluid come out of ears since then. Oh well.

Today Greg is going to grill out. We don't have many more nice days like this. Might as well take advantage of them.

Lisa- Will Morgan be going to college? Has she picked one yet? That's such exciting time of their life. I hope she is enjoying herself.

Well...time to go. Have a great day all.

Nancy G.
on 10/21/15 12:12 am - La Salle, IL

Hi Everyone!

Time is flying by for me. I am just as busy not working as I was working. I start back to work on Friday and I still am not ready! Yikes!

I just keep having things happening to me. It is 2 steps forward and 3 to 4 backward. It seems like a never ending nightmare.

Rick is doing better. He was transferred to a nursing home in Spring Valley yesterday. It is about 7 miles west of me. All the ones in our twin city were filled. He is making good progress though! He can now lift his hand on his own about 10 inches off the bed! He also can move his right foot on his own. He has regained feeling on his entire right side. He is speaking better as well. It is amazing progress for only 2 weeks! I hope it continues on this pace! The only downside to all of this is he now thinks he can get up on his own and do things. That is not possible yet! He tried to get out of bed the other day and I ran for the nurses who happened to be right outside the door. Today he asked me to bring his scooter. He thinks he is going to sit on it and ride. While that may be possible he sure cant get on it by himself!

I took Gizmo over to visit him today. That darn cat escaped the room just as I was going to close the door so he could not escape. One of the workers went and caught him and then took him to visit a lot of the residents. So he became a therapy cat! He loved it. Smokey's turn is tomorrow.

Two more bad things that happened to me are that I bought my desk for home on line and my credit card that I used got stolen. So now I am dealing with identity theft. Such fun!

The other thing is I started having pain in my arm just before I took Rick to the emergency room. I thought it was just some knotted muscles in my arm. It has gotten steadily worse. I gave in and went to the urgent care last night and found out that I have a nerve trapped and a bunch of knotted muscles in my neck plus severe arthritis in the neck. I am at the point that I cannot move my arm without severe pain. It keeps waking me up at night and it hurts like he## when I try to dress, or do anything. Doctor gave me pain pills, recommend a series of massages and follow up with my doctor to see if he wants an MRI to see if I have a bed disc in my neck. UGH!

That is my quick update.

Lisa, it doesn't seem possible that Morgan graduates this year. Crystal, I hope they get to the bottom of your sinus issues.

Have a great week everyone!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1112 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5631 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5371 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5399 views