Wednesday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/6/16 5:04 am - IL

Good Morning,

Just a quick fly-by.  I am running a bit late, as usual.

Things are coming together for our 50th on Saturday. Hubert has been doing most of what needs to be done. We leave for St. Louis on Friday.

I am being lazy too about the diet, and have gained a bit. I am going to start getting back in touch with my weight on Monday.

Dawn, I am happy that you and Liv enjoyed her time at home.

Crystal, I totally agree with you. It is harder when you live with someone.

Have to fly,

HUGS,

Lisa

berts4
on 1/6/16 10:01 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

It sounds like you are going to have a great party for your 50th Anniversary.  I wish you both a Happy Anniversary and many more happy and contented years together.

Liv went back to SC yesterday.  Her flights and all were fine, no delays or hitches.  Last night at about 9 pm (10 pm her time) she called to tell me that she thinks she lost her Driver's License.  Probably after going through security at O'Hare.  After going through security, she, "shoved it and my boarding pass into the pocket of my backpack".  When she got home, it was not in said pocket.  I'm not really sure what magic wand she thought I could wave, but I DID contact friends that might know what to do and all had good suggestions.  Unfortunately, this is not one of those things that Mom can just fix.  I told her to call all airports to report it missing and see if anyone turned it in.  I hope it turns up.

I also got my Kindle Fire 8-HD last night.  I haven't really had time to play with it, but it seems like a cool toy.  All my books from my first Kindle automatically were transferred to this one as soon as I started it.  COOL!

That's as exciting as my life is right now.

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 1/6/16 1:21 pm - Joliet, IL

If she is worried about using her license to fly I wouldn't worry about that.  It was brought to my attention today and I looked it up and it seems to be true.  That as of sometime this month (I think 1/10/2016) airports will no longer accept Illinois drivers licenses as a form of identification.  It seems the state is in violation of some federal act that increases security.  The exact thing we are in violation of is that the state can't verify if our birth certificates are legitimate(we could be terrorists) .  And the state has basically said they aren't going to spend the millions of dollars it will take to do this.  So we as Illinoisans will have to get passports now just to fly within the US.

Now I have not called any US agency to verify this.  But legitimate news agencies are reporting this story online.  I am still researching this to see if this is true.  I just heard this today 

berts4
on 1/8/16 12:54 pm - Rock City, IL

It is true that Illinois refuses to comply with the, "Real ID" specifications of the Federal Government.  This means that the TSA has the option of denying IL (and four other states) Driver's Licenses as ID to fly.  Right now, TSA will continue to accept them.  The next date/deadline is October 10, 2016.  Where they may or may not accept them.

I contacted Cat (a member here and a TSA agent) and she agreed with the above.  She suggested that Olivia get a passport, just to be sure.

According to my boss, here in Monroe, WI, the news media (some TV station) announced last night that 5 international airports are no longer accepting ANY Driver's Licenses as ID to fly.  She said that the line at the post office is crazy long with everyone trying to apply for passports. 

This lead me to look at the USA's Homeland Security site, which was updated yesterday.  Homeland security agreed with the first paragraph's information and is where I got the October 10 date.  I am not even going to argue with my boss about it though.

We will be applying for a passport for Liv (Todd and I have ours), but the catch was that she can't apply for one without her Driver's License.  Good news is that she found her license this morning!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1088 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5611 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views