Thursday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/7/16 4:17 am - IL

Good Morning,

Yes Crystal, it is true. You will need a passport to fly.We have used ours for the last few years, no reason, just because we have them. Beat the rush and get yours if you don't already have them. They are good for ten years. Monica and Scott just got theirs. and it took a whole 20 days.

Dawn, not sure, but call the DMV and see if they can issue a replacement card, Enjoy your new kindle.

My plans for today are to get ready for the weekend. I am also going to meet friends for lunch.

BTW, I probably will not be on over the weekend,  so, I will catch up with you all on Sunday or Monday.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 1/7/16 8:10 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Yes it seems it is true.  Greg was saying we can get a TSA Pre and it's great because you can skip all of the security at the airport.  So I might do that and it's cheaper than a passport.  Although, I will eventually need a passport anyway.  But the convenience of the TSA Pre is alluring. 

The next tablet I get will be a nice Kindle.  Because I no have a tablet and a Kindle (a cheap Kindle that has only books...no internet).  Of course I can read my books on my tablet and phone...which kind of makes my Kindle useless now.  I haven't actually used it in months.  I always use one of my other devices to read. 

I have been OK as far as my eating.  Getting better.  I have been getting better with the carbs.  I have been planning meals that eliminates the big carbs...pasta, bread.  Like yesterday I made  chicken enchiladas but instead of using tortillas  I used peppers.  Yep I stuffed the peppers and baked it for 40 mins and topped with a bit of cheese.  It turned out great. 

Lisa- enjoy your celebration.  Have a great time.

Well time to get back to work....bye   

Watson
on 1/7/16 3:24 pm, edited 1/7/16 7:26 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

I'm going to apply for a passport book & passport I.D. card soon to be on the safe side when I do any flying anywhere in the United States. In a way, I find this stupid what the airports in Chicago doing about the drivers license and/or State I.D. card. I understand with the airport security to make sure all is good to get through the check point and all. It's going to get to the point that people will take train and/or car to get from point A to point B, etc... in the United States. That's fast in getting a passport book and/or a passport I.D. card in 20 days, I read some where that it'll take 4 to 6 weeks to get it in the mail. I have no plan(s) to travel outside of the United States any time soon.

Dawn, I think you can check out "travel.state.gov" where you can get a replacement card at.

I've been busy with life lately, that's why I haven't on here lately. I did have a minute or two to come on here and that's about it here and there.

Have a great evening everyone.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

berts4
on 1/8/16 1:06 pm - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

Olivia found her Driver's License this morning!  That's one less thing to worry about.  She will be applying for a passport at some point also.  She had called the DMV and they are sending her paperwork for a duplicate, but all that is unneeded now, thanks you lord!

I am wondering about the Kindle........I guess it is good, but the content that I wanted to be able to watch is not available on the Kindle.  It has its own browser (Silk) and I can not download the Adobe Flash Player, which is required for some content.  (I wanted to see something from the CW).  It also will not allow me (probably for the same reason) to see Primetime shows the next day after airing from the Primetime channel's web site.  I would have to BUY a recent episode for $2.99.  If that's the case, I will just use the desktop for free.  

There is, however, some instant streaming available, but all with the Amazon Prime membership of $99.00/year.  The Prime membership also offers a free New book per month, but I am still investigating if those are mine to kee*****t.  With the Lending Library aspect of Prime, I can keep a book for a month, but the new book option, I don't understand yet.  Same with music.  If I cancel my Prime membership, will all the music disappear?

It has a nifty, "Firefly" feature.  I will probably keep it, but more research is needed.  

My eating yesterday was TERRIBLE.  It really seems that once I put solid food in my mouth, I just can't stop.  I'm working on it though.

Lisa---Happy Anniversary! and you guys have a wonderful weekend.  50 years is quite an accomplishment in this day and age.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1089 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5612 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5355 views