Cold Monday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/18/16 5:27 am - IL

Please be sure and bundle up if you are going outside this morning. It is cold out there.

We had a very quiet weekend. In fact, I think this is the first weekend since before Thanksgiving, that we had no plans other then going out for dinner on Friday. None for the coming weekend either.

I am off today for MLK day. That makes a 2 day workweek for me. I am not complaining.

What is on your mind today?

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 1/18/16 7:08 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

We had a busy Saturday.  We drove out to Wisconsin for Greg's family's reunion.  His brother works for the US Army in Kosovo (he's not military...he's a civilian worker).  He is on a two week leave and is visiting.  I guess the perk is that you get paid pretty well and the cost of living is next to nothing so you basically bank 90% of what you make.  I still wouldn't do it....but you know he signed up for another 2 years. 

Yesterday we went furniture shopping.  We are finally going to buy a new sectional for the family room.  It will be so nice to get rid of that old piece of crap.  It sounds weird but we found a really nice leather set from Sears.  At first I was resistant to checking out Sears...they aren't exactly known for their furniture.  But they have a really nice leather sectional with power recliners.  Oh and we are getting a coffee table and end table and lamps.  

We also went to the movies to see Star Wars....I was freezing the whole time.  You would think considering that it was below zero outside the theater would crank up the heat a little...nope.  We go to this theater in Wheaton that serves dinner while you watch the movie.  We always get a Groupon and it's $5 a ticket. 

Today I have to work but it will be a long boring day.  The banks are closed and I get my work from the bank.  My main job is to apply the cash we receive from the bank.  No cash from the bank...no work.  So I will be twiddling my thumbs. 

Well back to not working and looking busy...have good day...stay warm.

berts4
on 1/18/16 9:23 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

I am nice and warm.  a BIG advantage to working at a day care....the heat needs to be on.  at my last job, I had to wear 3-4 layers and I had a blanket and gloves and I was still cold.  (This is no exaggeration.)  Today, I have an extra layer on my legs and a fashion scarf over my sweater and am perfectly comfortable.

I spent the day in Madison while Todd attended the Beer and Cheese festival.  I was SO excited.  "Room", was playing, so I went.  It is still limited release and not available everywhere.  I listened to the book twice in the Fall and loved it.  I HIGHLY recommend both.  Of course I loved the book more because there is more detail, but the movie stayed pretty true to the source.  The book is written from the five year old's point of view and it is eye opening.

I also went to Joe's and St. Vinny's on Willy Street.  I picked Todd up and we went to dinner.  I should have taken him straight home but he wanted food.  We were home by 9:30.

Yesterday I did  something I haven't done in years........I stayed in my PJs all day!  I finished the book I was reading and cooked a nice dinner.

Today, back to work and a chiro appointment then home to burrow in again.  I HATE this weather.

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1089 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5612 views
Tuesday Roll Call