My consultation is Monday and....

cindyf1996
on 6/15/05 1:52 am - Chicago, IL
I'm very excited and impatient. I live in Chicago but going to Shaumburg to the BTC. My consult is with Dr.Boe. I'm pretty much set on surgery but I'm worried my insurance will reject me (Aetna PPO). My PCP has documented my weight gain and I went specifically to him about it. I had an EKG done and bloodwork. And, he always wants to see me in 6 weeks. I never go because I don't have time. I don't know if Aetna will consider that a doctor supervised program. My gyn also has been working with me by changing my pills (I take birth control and an SSRI for PMDD). She keeps thinking changing my meds will work. Meanwhile, I gain. I was seeing my gyn about every 3 months at one point. Do you think her records would qualify me? I hope to find my old WW booklets but what if I can't find them. Like the rest of you I've tried everything. I just don't have the paperwork to prove it.
Nancy R.
on 6/15/05 2:44 am - Mokena, IL
Cindy - I do not have a lot of the answers for you because I have different insurance. I had to go to the doctors office once a month and to a dieticians office three times a month. Nothing else would work as my doctor supervised diet. I did exactly what they requested of me and was approved with the first submition of that paperwork. I want to wish you lots of luck and tell you not to be discouraged if you are not approved right away or if they do not want to even submit to your insurance right away. The BTC knows their insurance stuff. I am not using them but talked to them before I picked the surgeon I am using. I saw Dr. Boe, besides for being a cutie he is really really a sweetie. Part of me regrets not using him but the drive was just not worth it to me as I found a doctor I like equally as well. Anyways, his staff knows their insurance info. They will know what will work for your insurance and what will not work. Let them be the judges. Lots and lots of luck and welcome to the boards Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views