pre-0p diet

sadielee
on 6/24/11 2:12 pm
does anyone know if dr. m inman, carmel, ind. orders a pre-op diet?  I have a surgery date of july 14th and I've gone to my pre-op appt with all the instructions and info on what to expect, but nothing was mentioned about a two week protein diet.  We was given the diet info for the day before surgery.  Does that mean that Inman does not do the two week pre-op or will I be getting a call any day now telling me to start?
karasjourney25
on 6/25/11 2:19 pm - IN
 Have you had your pre-op all day class yet?

http://www.youtube.com/karasjourney    
sadielee
on 6/26/11 3:44 am
yes,Kara, I have and nothing was mentioned.  I know there was some on Dr.Evantans pts in that class and I've noticed that some of his pts. mention being on a liver reduction diet on this forum.  Thats what made me wonder if Dr. Inman does and that maybe they call you up at a later time to tell you to go on it.  I'm concidered a lite weight I guess because I'm starting out at 224lbs,but I'm 4 foot 10 1/2 in so my liver is probable fat . thanks for replying.

sadie
sadielee
on 6/26/11 3:55 am, edited 6/26/11 3:55 am
sorry, I missspelled Dr. Evanson's name.  Members of my support group think he is great.  Several have had him.  I never thought to ask those in my group because I just took it for granted that I would have to be on some kind of pre-op diet, just didn't know what kind.
pktwatch
on 6/30/11 1:58 pm
I asked this same question at the support group and was told no she does not..
sadielee
on 7/2/11 11:34 am
Yes ,I just asked at my support group and one of her pts. said she just has you eat a lite breakfast, full liquid lunch, and a clear liquid evening meal.  Nothing after midnight.  Thanks for writing back.  On this IN forum there aren't many posts.  When is your surgery?  Mine is 7/14.  I'm 68 so I 'm a little anxious.
pktwatch
on 7/2/11 1:32 pm
On July 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, sadielee wrote:
Yes ,I just asked at my support group and one of her pts. said she just has you eat a lite breakfast, full liquid lunch, and a clear liquid evening meal.  Nothing after midnight.  Thanks for writing back.  On this IN forum there aren't many posts.  When is your surgery?  Mine is 7/14.  I'm 68 so I 'm a little anxious.
My surgery is September the 21st. I will be 64 by then and am looking to it!
jnet
on 7/4/11 10:10 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Inman did my surgery last year and I did not have a pre op diet.  Only the fast the day before the surgery.

Weight at Consultation 284/Weight at surgery 270/ CW 168
sadielee
on 7/11/11 1:53 pm
How did your surgery go.  I've only met dr Inman briefly on the all day orientation.  She seemed very nice and  had a lot of energy.  Did you have any complications.  You've lost a lot of wieght.
sadielee
jnet
on 7/20/11 11:07 pm - Indianapolis, IN
It went really well, I didn't have any complications.  I was really sore for the first 3 weeks, but eventually that went away as I was healing.  Eating was interesting, my tastes changed a lot after surgery, things that used to taste good to me didn't taste good any more.  I think she did a good job and my scars healed really well, they are barely visible now that it is a year after surgery.  Good Luck!  I wish you the best on your weight loss journey.
janet

Weight at Consultation 284/Weight at surgery 270/ CW 168
Most Active
Recent Topics