Exercise group and Anthem question

Calif_Princess
on 1/12/12 3:34 am - Louisville, KY
Hello everyone. I’m pretty new to Louisville. I had an RnY 3 years ago in CA but after losing 40 pounds I messed up and have not lost anything since. I’m trying to start over and would like to know if anyone in Louisville knows of or would like to start a work out group. :O) Also, I’ve been seriously thinking about getting my RnY converted to a Duodenal Switch but I’m not sure if Antham would cover it since they don’t seem to be that good of a health insurance company. Has anyone had Antham pay for their weight loss surgery? Thanks!! Melissa

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

Lifebeauty
on 1/12/12 10:16 am
I would try the main board to get your answers as this site is not very busy.  Someone from that area may drop in and answer but you will probably get a quicker answer on the main board.  I had BC/BS Federal Anthem and they paid for my weightloss surgery.  Don't know about conversion.  However it will depend on the type of plan your company has.  Its best to call first because they may pay.  Make sure you ask your doctor for the specific questions to ask.  Best wishes on your exercis group and insurance answers.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Calif_Princess
on 1/12/12 11:00 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Z!!

My husband has the crappy Anthem plan that is very expensve but doesn't pay for much.  We're paying the exact same amount that we paid in California for our health insurance (an HMO) that was WAY better and didn't have a deductable at all.

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 125 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1340 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5142 views