PIZZA!!!

KelliAnne
on 1/18/08 5:19 am - LA
Oh How I am craving some pizza.  I just would love chicken strips and pizza.  For some reason since my surgery I have craved this.  In my dreams my pizza man has legs and arms and runs sooo very fast!!!  I can't seem to catch him.  Doing better with my eating.  I actually ate some cheese and crackers only 4 but better than nothing and it tasted soooo good!  Of course now I have a rash apparently I am developing food allergies and my favorite shrimp is the culprit.  Oh how depressing!  I need to get my protein up but I have actually done really good with it today. Still trying to get all my exercise in that is a challenge last night DH worked nights and I cleaned my house, washed clothes and changed my sheets on the bed.  I was sooo tired after each task, that is the craziest thing.  I plan on attending the support meeting in Feb, I was planning on attending the one in Jan but had just gotten back out of the hospital with an infection.  I look forward to meeting people around here, I have been posting on the reg. board like a dummy didn't realize they had a La board! Duh!!

Frances S.
on 1/18/08 10:26 am, edited 1/19/08 12:45 am - Zachary, LA
Hello Kelli, I'm looking forward to meeting you in February. I wanted to let you know that I developed a bad rash soon after surgery and the clear liquid protein drinks was the culprit. Lots of them boast no slenda or equal -- those are the ones I avoid. I'm allergic to sulfur products and the clear drinks are full of acesulfame potassium.   I find that hot, flavorful foods help with the "taste" cravings. Even when fat and carbs are out of the picture, you might introduce some new herbs and spices to your mushies and soups.  Hmmm, pizza craving? How about a little spaghetti sauce (watch for sugar) and some mozzerella with oregano and italian spice on top of some plain crackers. Pop in the microwave until the cheese melts. (I'm adding that I really like the recipe below!!!) We are gearing up for a great meeting in February -- see ya there! Frances

A Banded Brain! (read blog)
"Banded for life, switched for good, bypassed by none" (revised, work in progress)

Lynn Farris
on 1/26/08 1:25 am - Baker, LA
You look great Frances.  I live in Baker too.  We'll have to get together one day. Lynn

celticfaery
on 1/18/08 10:06 pm - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
Here is my recipe for breadless pizza.

Breadless Pizza 1 pound of Lean Ground Turkey (Seasonings of choice) or 1 tsp. Garlic Powder 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning ¼ cup sugar free Spaghetti Sauce (ragu makes a good one or whatever low carb sauce you can find) Sliced onions, green peppers, and mushrooms (or toppings of choice) 2 cups of Fat free mozzarella cheese Mix raw Ground Turkey, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Press raw meat mix into a pie dish to make "mock crust". Cook at 325 for 30 minutes. Drain any excess juice after cooking and pat dry with paper towel. Spread sauce on your "mock crust" and top as you wish. Heat until cheese melts and bubbles.

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

toogie
on 1/24/08 2:11 am - Slaughter, LA
I had the DS on 11/5/07 and two weeks later I was eating the topping off of a slice of pizza at Sams.  Of course I could only eat half of one slide (not the curst, just the topping).  Boy was it good.   Regina
them2854
on 1/28/08 10:43 am - Lafayette Area, LA
I am a week out since having the Band, my DH and oh so sweet son had pizza on Sat. it was torture. So I had some tomato soup instead and it helped with my craving for wanting some.

Higest/Now/Goal   290/220/180ish

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/08 8:35 pm - LA
where is the support meetings!!
Most Active