banded yeterday

2baloser
on 6/14/08 10:21 am - NC
OMG   I knew there would be pain and soreness...but I wasn't expecting quite as much as I have.  I have tried to be sipping water every waking moment...  Am having a hard time getting in the water and the protein because the pain meds make me sleep Dr said I had a lot of scar tissue from hysterectomy.. so the surgery took about 4 hours .. I wonder if that may be contributing to some of this pain.  I am having that feeling...of what the heck  have I done to myself and kicking my tail for not being able to do it alone ... am waiting for this band to start playing some calm and comfortable music

start/surg./current/goal    283.6 / 270 / 212.2 / 175   
                                         13.6 lost pre-op not included in ticker

brnsugar91
on 6/14/08 10:36 am
Welcome to the losers bench. The paint gets better day by day. I was banded on 5/27 and thought the pain was terrible only because you need you stomach to do everything. I mean we use though muscles to get up and lay down and the pain is there, but believe me it gets better.
Carrie20071
on 6/14/08 10:48 am - Carrboro, NC

I'm 5 days post op and had "buyer's remorse" for a couple of days too. I think it's entirely normal. Today, I am feeling much more human. Give it some time...it does get better...promise :)

O2BThinAgain
on 6/14/08 10:55 am - Austin, TX
Hang in there!  Many of us go in thinking we'll be the one that doesn't have much pain only to find we're miserable and regretting our decision.  Fortunately that's fades away quickly.  Just stick to your walking and heating pad and just rest and let your body do it's thing.  You'll be tip top before you know it!  Congratulations and hang in there.
 Shannon  --  Stop whining and do it

Yelena K.
on 6/14/08 10:58 am - Plymouth, MN
Hey! You sound just like me after I was banded.... regretting.... tons of unbelievable pain.... I promise it will go away. Give in 10 days and you will feel like yourself again. 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Balynn34
on 6/14/08 1:57 pm
VSG on 04/04/12
It's probably the last thing you want to hear, but just give it time....the gas will go away and day-by-day you'll feel better.  I actually got dressed, hair, make-up, the whole shootin' match yesterday and went shopping with my kids for Father's Day....I felt so much better.  Just keep doing what you can and it will get better! 

Barbara    

2baloser
on 6/14/08 9:49 pm - NC
Thank everyone for your support..I am able to get and down by myself a bit easier today. 

start/surg./current/goal    283.6 / 270 / 212.2 / 175   
                                         13.6 lost pre-op not included in ticker

Most Active