Q

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 10:29 am, edited 9/26/10 3:48 pm - MO
D
cushingsa
on 5/18/10 11:05 am - Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
 Could it be due to water retention?  That's the only think I can think of - hope you feel better soon.
Sharon

"He is able who thinks he is able." 
Buddha

Ambelina
on 5/18/10 11:10 am - Salem, OR
So sorry you're having this problem!

I have the problem with the scarring/adhesions & it has been worse at TOM the last few months.  I asked my MD & he thinks it's because of the swelling/bloating in the abdominal area putting pressure up against the muscle the port is stitched into. 

A week or two ago I went off the BC pill (already had tubes tied & was just taking it for cramps/headaches) because the bloating was just crazy.  We'll see in about two weeks if the port pain is any better this month. 

Take care,
Amy
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 11:33 am - MO
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 12:47 pm - MO
swiss58
on 5/19/10 12:26 am
Is your pain right at the port or below?  A weekago Friday I had horrible pains just below the port and thought I was having an appenticitis attack.  I didn't want to go the ER and waited til Monday to go to the doctor.  They didn't think it was appenticitis or kidney stones.  They took X-rays and didn't find anything.  Since I was to start TOM that week they thought it may be related to that and said to wait til I was over TOM.  The pain isn't as bad now, but TOM is over and I am still having some pains. Mine was like your where it hurt to even take a breath.  I hope this won't happen every month and don't know if it's realated or not.  I guess I need to talk to my sugeron also.  Hope you feel better.  Koye
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/10 11:59 am - MO
Most Active