Band Slippage

kep00_98
on 8/4/10 1:43 am - Panora, IA
I just got a complete unfil on Monday because of a slip.  I have had 2 before but they have never been confirmed with an upper GI.  This one was confirmed.  It's a moderate one my doctor said.  Anyway the other times I have had a suspected slip they have taken all the fluid out and I instantly feel better.  This time it hasn't quite worked that way.  I have pain in my stomach area and in my left shoulder when ever I eat or drink.  I also have pain down my left side after I eat.  Also I still have a lot of restriction with how much I can eat even though I have no fluid in.  I know I need to call the doctor, but I'll be honest I'm a little scared.  My PA really kinda freaked me out on Monday.  I don't want to have surgery again.  I really can't afford to take time off work to have surgery again.  Has anyone else had any problems like these?

285-Highest
256-Day of surgery
225-First goal
mickeysantiago
on 8/4/10 2:06 am - bayonne, NJ
Yes, my band slipped May of 2009 and I had to have surgery. I continue to have problems with my band even though I have no fluid since September of 2009 since I had to have the fluid removed due to being stuck. I thought it had slipped again. If it slips again the doctor says they have no choice but to remove it in which I fear. Good luck maybe your stomach is just swollen. Stay on fluids for a few days.
melly37
on 8/4/10 3:41 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I had a slip that was confirmed with an Upper GI back in January.  I think my band had not been right for a few months.  My doc unfilled me and scheduled surgery for me, which I had in March.  During the time between the unfill and the surgery I felt perfect.  No more heartburn....and I was able to eat and drink just fine.  I realize that sometimes this doesn't happen, and ONLY surgery will help you feel better. 

My second surgery was a breeze.  I kept my band, and my port was just fine, so I didn't have that pain to deal with.  My port incision was the most painful part of my first surgery.  My doc has been very cautious with fills after my surgery, which is understandable, but that means I am still waiting for good restriction 5 months after surgery.  That is frustrating!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Dossy30
on 8/4/10 11:37 am - GA
I'm wondering if I have a slip also.  I have been through unfills and fills and cannot tolerate a fill over 5 cc's...if he goes to 5.5cc's it will NOT go through.  However, I use to have 8 cc's in my band.  I had a really bad stuck episode a few weeks ago and ever since I've had this pain everytime I eat....It's a sore type pain.  Like when I stand up I almost can't stand up straight for a few minutes.  It's tender to touch.  I went to my General Dr and she said I need my band checked....I do have th shoulder pain as well when I eat or drink.  I just thought a slip meant you couldn't keep anything down all the time....is that not the case????

Most Active