O.M. Freakin.G --4 Days Post Op

Lauran D.
on 1/28/11 10:06 am - Apex, NC
Cocobean, I just HAD to see what went on in there while I was out   And I had soooo many quesitons about why they did certain things before I went under...like what was that board  that they placed under my feet for?  Normally I can't even watch medical stuff on Discovery Channel, but I must admit that I was very intrigued.  And it kind of freaked me out when I came from being under early.  They all had this "Oh sh*t" look on their faces when they saw that I was awake.  The video was very very interesting.
T. Christian
on 1/28/11 10:12 am, edited 1/28/11 10:43 am
You guys,

I cannot begin to thank you enough for the insight and support.  I was in Walgreens earlier about to pass out and trying my best not to cry..even tho I had tears wellin' up in my eyes.  I was honestly feelin like something was wrong.  I will not rush back to work and will try to feel better.  Imma take it easy so the swellin in my stomach goes down. 

Thank you guys again.
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

JoMixx
on 1/28/11 10:30 am - West Yarmouth, MA

Hi - I had my surgery a week before you.  I've been taking Milk of magnesia twice a week with 8 ounces of water.  It's doing the trick for the bloating and constipation.  I sure know what you are going through.  I had hernia repair also and have a LOT of pain from that still.  I still hurt when I yawn and can't sneeze because my ribs hurt.  I took 2 weeks off of work but I feel like I should have taken more.

I don't regret the surgery, but I wish I was recovering faster.

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
T. Christian
on 1/28/11 10:42 am
Hey JoMixx,

My mom in law told me to use MIlk of Magnesia also. I was wondering if most of my pain was due to the hernia repair. I might just take next week off from work as well to make sure I'm healin' well.  I hope you start feelin better!

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 

Judy825
on 1/28/11 10:47 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hang in there Telisha!  It will get better just takes a bit of time.  I had a really large hernia and the back and shoulder pain was bad, but at two weeks out from surgery I felt SOOO MUCH BETTER!  The first week I slept a lot sitting upright and that helped,  

As for the feeling of restriction it is normal because the area around the band might have swelled a bit from the surgery.  I just was not hungry for a long time....I was ok with that! 

We are here and now you are too!  So welcome to the losers bench!
        Seminar weight: 344. Consult Weight: 332.  Surgery Weight: 289   
Check out my blog at www.ldslapband.blogspot.com

"Low Carb diet for me...not a diet anymore but a lifestyle"

becj
on 1/28/11 11:04 am - RI
I had my surgery on Jan.17th, also had a hernia repair.  I felt awful the first day, slightly better the second and went to a doctor appt. on the third day (drove myself the 1/2 hour away) came home and thought I was going to die!  It really killed me.  I have found that when I felt I needed to rest I really needed to lie down then.  Also when I was feeling better I did laps around my living room to get things moving- both the gas and my bowels.
I took Senokot from day 1 as my dr. recommended and each time I had to go I got very nausous and miserable feeling.  By about the 5th day I went from the recommended dosage of 2 down to 1 so that things would start to return to normal. 
I returned to work on the 24th and have tried to watch the restrictions- not lifting >10 lbs. and taking it easy each night. 
I did wake up feeling like a human being again by the 22nd but by mid day I was done but from there on each day I felt human for longer and longer.  Today I only felt lousy for a couple hours so it really does get better.

Good luck!

T. Christian
on 1/28/11 12:14 pm
Hey there! Thank you guys for the info. I am looking forward to waking up felling "normal" again.

One day at a time,

Telisha

L B.
on 1/28/11 10:32 pm

I had that pain too and was concerned that maybe I moved wrong and hurt something because it VERY noticeable all day long! I didnt call my Dr though, and it wasnt even phased by the pain pills, but it was gone the next day thank goodness. I never realized the pain killers would cause constipation either. I guess you get rid of one symptom for another!

~Lilly                
Wendybrum
on 1/29/11 12:23 am - Oceanside, NY
 I am sorry for you discomfort. I had bad gas pains all over and constipation. The two things that helped were time and walking. I walked a few times a day with anyone would come. i stated out just walking around the block. Even my 22 yr old son walked with me.
Good luck 
wendy

MomTo3Ds
on 1/29/11 6:20 am

I'm wondering how common it is to have a hernia repaired? When my surgeon told me he repaired a hernia, I was a little puzzled.  Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better soon. The pain meds cause serious constipation. Because of other issues (IBS) I take something to keep me regular.

*Gentle Hug*

Most Active