stuck episode

Chrissy1967
on 4/4/11 7:19 am - Coram, NY
I have been stuck for about 1 day and it still hurts.  Should I go to my kickboxing class tonight.  i hope someone is out there.
Chrissy            
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 7:22 am - Des Moines, IA
What do you mean by stuck?  Are you able to get fluids down?
kathkeb
on 4/4/11 7:29 am
If you are really 'stuck' -- that is, you cannot take in food or fluids, you should be going to your doctor's office instead of a kickboxing class.

Kath

Kate -True Brit
on 4/4/11 8:55 am - UK

Do you really mean stuck for a day? Or do you mean you had a nasty stuck epsiode and the tissue under the band is irritated and swollen and so you now feel tight?

I have never been so stuck that there was any after effect but I think that the advice generally given by others that you need to go on liquids or soft foods for a day or so after a painful stuck episode is good advice.

If you are just a bit tight and sore, then exercise is fine. if you really are still stuck and can't swallow fluid etc and this has gone on for a day, you need to call your doc.

kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Chrissy1967
on 4/4/11 10:52 am - Coram, NY
went to class and felt way better then tried to drink water and couldn't keep it down.  I will call the doctor in the AM.
thanks everyone

Chrissy            
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 11:24 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Now this is a new one on me, you got a golf ball in your chest and you are off to kick boxing? You are definitely a feisty one Chrissy, just kidding, I don't think you are stuck, if you were trust me kick boxing would be the last thing on your mind, but seriously if you are feeling discomfort in your chest and feeling of indigestion you may want to try chewing some papaya enzymes (from GNC) they help break down food and move it through your esophagus, they will be your best friend throughtout your lap band journey. Good luck
Most Active