Exactly 1 week Post Op

thindownunder01
on 4/10/11 11:52 pm - Kingwood, TX

Gooood Morning Ladies!

So... had my surgery Monday the 4th and for kicks and giggles I stood on the scale this morning and to my amazement... -20 pounds. my pants are loose and my face is already thinning out... sexy momma is on her way back. :)

Holly Mollly. I know its normal to loose alot the first few weeks but that doesnt make it any less exciting.

I am thinking... HECK yeah I can do this.. I think this is gunna be fun.

mom41
on 4/11/11 12:05 am
 Hi!  I am 1 week also.  Awesome results, Congratulations!!!!!   
I have lost about 10 pounds since surgery and 16 since pre op period.  

I still have intermitten sholder pain and lots of gas. I dont want to button my jeans because my port feels tender.  How are you doing post op?

thindownunder01
on 4/11/11 12:13 am - Kingwood, TX
I felt the same with the gas. I had read on here from someone to use a heating pad. I was a sceptic but thought I would try anything to relieve that left shoulder pain... and to my amazement... it helped ALOT.

I am a toughie... I had surgery Monday and was back to work Wednesday... but only because at that time that gas was finally dissipating. I am now feeling great.

I was thinking yesterday as i was going up and down our stairs how much easier it was after beeing down 20 lbs... I imagine I will be able to run up and down a million times easily at goal when I finally reach it.

Hang in there and follow the diet... you dont want to hurt your "new stomach" so stick with baby food consistency...

Keep me posted on your progress.. I just accepted your FR. ;)

Barbara B.
on 4/11/11 12:21 am - Indiana, PA
Congratulations to you!!!   It's so nice to hear about good and awesome results.  Take care of yourself!!!  Barb
                      Barb Blatt  ~  Surgery Date:  May 27, 2011  

thindownunder01
on 4/11/11 12:30 am - Kingwood, TX
Thanks Barb!!!
Back2fat
on 4/11/11 2:10 am - Houston, TX
CONGRATS!!!!!!
blessed_1970
on 4/11/11 2:12 am
CONGRATS TO YOU!!! WOOT WOOT!! I'M 5 MONTHS POST-OP AND IVE LOST 51 SO FAR!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!! I'D DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! I LOVE MY BAND!! JOYCE FROM WV
Caidkin
on 4/11/11 4:46 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
YAY.. congrats!!!
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
syeda54
on 4/11/11 7:12 am - CA
 Wow congrats!!  Tomorrow it will be one week for me!  It's amazing how much weight can be dropped in a short time.  I've lost 10 pounds post surgery and 26 pounds since the pre-op diet.  I can't believe you went to work so soon.  How was that?  I'm due to go back tomorrow, and I am terrified!  If it's ok with you, I'm sending a FR to you.  Take care and congratulations!!!

thindownunder01
on 4/11/11 11:24 pm, edited 4/11/11 11:24 pm - Kingwood, TX
Thanks Syeda, It IS amazing how fast it comes off... but then again.. only broth and crystal light probably threw my body into shock. LOL

Coming back to work was easier than expected. That wednesday I worked only until 1 thats when the gas was getting to be a bit much and I needed to walk around.. but all the other co-workers were looking at me aimlessly wondering around with curious eyes. so I said screw it and went home and aimlessly wondered around my home in private.

Thursday and Friday were fine. My left sholder was the only bother at that point.. but i applied a heating pad and was good to go. Saturday  I was soo READY to get out an about.

Coffee with friends followed by gettin our nails did was healing for the soal!

I accepted your FR.. and CONGRATS to you too!
Most Active