How long to feel the affect of a fill

thindownunder01
on 5/13/11 1:39 am - Kingwood, TX
Just wondering, Because my doc put 3cc and said when he did it that I may need to have a little taken out if I feel unformfortable. I drank the barium it took a second ore two to pass through so he almost took some out but I sipped the water and it went through okay.

I have read on here that some people wait a couple days before they feel a difference.. so I am just wondering. :)

Stephanie M.
on 5/13/11 2:05 am
It can have an immediate impact, because the stomach gets irritated and swollen at first, but it takes me about a week to 10 days to feel my fills really kick in..

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

thindownunder01
on 5/13/11 2:07 am - Kingwood, TX
Okay, because I dont feel a HUGE amount of difference and was a little worried about all the people talking about never really feeling restriction and saying the band failed them.
Lisaizme
on 5/13/11 2:33 am - TX
It varies from person to person and from fill to fill.

If this is your first fill, you might not feel anything dramatic.  What you are looking for is appetite dimming, not restriction.    Most of my fills, I don't feel a lot different, but I notice the time between hunger gets longer.

My doctor will not do fills any more often than every 4 weeks because they say it can take 2 weeks for a fill to "kick in".  My last one (December 2010), I did feel a difference at 10 days out.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

thindownunder01
on 5/13/11 2:38 am - Kingwood, TX
Thanks Ladies. That is reassuring and just what I needed.
Ambelina
on 5/13/11 4:45 am - Salem, OR
The first few one or two fills I really didn't feel much of a difference.  By # 3 & # 4, I could feel a difference when I got to start going back to food.  They have us ease back into it with liquids for a day, mushies for a day, and then easing into solids.
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

kathkeb
on 5/13/11 6:11 am
I always felt my fills pretty much right away.

I also 'visualized' my band being tighter inside of me (like tightening my belt).
I convinced myself that I was tighter than before, and I started to eat more carefully -- baby bites, chewing more thoughtfully, etc.

My fills tended to 'wear off' with every 15 - 20 pounds I lost -- so, I got small fills every 3 - 4 weeks for the first several months.
Kath

Most Active