How many of you swallow pills whole?

songbird5769
on 5/19/11 7:13 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11
i am about to be banded and I was wondering how many of you experienced bandsters have success with taking your meds whole? My pills are all aspirin size except one.
Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 5/19/11 7:28 am - Alamosa, CO
I sallow pills whole.I am 9 months post-op.  I swallow them one at a time and have to drink plenty of water with each pill.  It can be time consuming.  I did not swallow pills whole right after surgery.  I waited about 6 months, and after fills I have to cut them up or get liquid form.  It's all up to your surgeon...follow those directions first :)
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

crystal M.
on 5/19/11 7:31 am - Joliet, IL
I am 2+ years post op and I can swallow pills with no problems.  I have swallowed vitamins and antibiotics, which are usually pretty big.  But everyone is different.  I have heard of people get stuck on pills.  So be careful
kathkeb
on 5/19/11 7:32 am
I take pills whole ---most are pretty small.

I take chewable vitamins, but take my Vit D, colace, ambien, Naproxen ****asional), Claratin, Tylenol, etc -- all whole.
Kath

melly37
on 5/19/11 7:56 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
My band is loose enough that I can swallow pills okay.  There have been times when my band was tight enough that I knew a pill would be trouble, so I have a pill splitter handy. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 11:44 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
When I have major back pain......I know a pill will be trouble, so I keep liquid loritab on hand for those days I can't swallow a pill.
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 8:22 am - San Diego, CA
I take all of my pills and vites whole...and my daily vitamin capsule is large and in charge!  lol
melly37
on 5/20/11 12:01 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
*hijack*

Love the new pic, Lisa!!!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 3:10 am - San Diego, CA
Thank you sweet Melly!  I wanted to show off my new look!!!  lol
michele1
on 5/19/11 8:32 am
Revision on 07/07/15
My docs orders state crushed or chewed so I have never tried to take them whole.......I remember what happened to a few people on this site including Jean......I just don't want to take a chance.... I say if you can swallow them then that is fine, everyone is different and restriction levels are different. But for me I get my vitamins as gummies (chew and let disolve) and I crush my Zantac (nasty stuff though).

Congratulations on getting banded soon!!!

Michele
Most Active