My 1st fill

CarlaMarie
on 5/29/11 5:32 am - IA
I was banded Nov of 2010. Yesterday I got my 1st fill! I have lost 50 pounds but have been plateaued for nearly 2 months now. I felt myself more and more hungry every day and I had re-gained 4 pounds. I finally had to admit to myself that I needed a fill. I had myself all worked up and worried for nothing! It was easier than I could have wished for.

I have been 100% pleased with my band and for anyone contemplating getting banded all I can say is this....I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have my life back, I have gone from a size 16-18 and am now in an 8-10. I work out at the gym 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day 6 days a week and I love it! I can actually look at myself in the mirror and I'm not repulsed by what I see. I could go on and on but I think you get the jist of what I'm saying.

Life is good and I feel I owe it to my band!

Carla
Carla. 11/08/10.the 1st day of the rest of my life
cristie2000
on 5/29/11 6:37 am
 Good for you!  Keep up the good work.  I am supposed to get my first fill on Thursday and I am kind of nervous about it.  I have been fine restriction wise the whole time up until about a week ago.  I have been so hungry, but I am sticking to one cup of food.  I have gained a pound though so who knows!  It is always reassuring to hear a positive outcome.  Thank you for sharing.
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

CarlaMarie
on 5/31/11 1:12 am - IA
You're wise to go in and get a fill quickly when you realize what's going on with your body! I waited too long, but better late then never! I'm 3 days out now and feeling back to the way I did a few months ago and I'm thrilled once again.
Carla. 11/08/10.the 1st day of the rest of my life
Most Active