Freaking out!!!

Quana27
on 6/1/11 4:07 pm - Bronx, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/04/11 with
I am really freaking out!!! I'm 2 days away from surgery and I am so worried...did my liver shrink enough? Am I going to go thru surgery ok?...did I lose any weight this week? Did my slip ups on this 2 week, liquid diet hurt my chances?....uuuggghhh I'm kicking myself for many things but I want this surgery more thanks you know.....HELP!!!! I'm a freaking wreck
Janine P.
on 6/1/11 7:08 pm - Long Island, NY
Calm your booty down!  Dr. Ren is well aware that you are human and human's screw up.  You were not expected to be perfect for your two week diet.  I promise.

Even if your liver didn't shrink very much, it will not stop them (unless your liver is truly enlarged, as in, you have a liver problem.)  When I got my band in '07, I had a large liver (due to medication I am on - side effect is liver issues) and that didn't stop my surgeon.  Ren, Kurian and the other guy (I always forget his name) are a great practice at NYU - you'll be in good hands.

Best of luck to you!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

vlp1968
on 6/1/11 7:35 pm
I agree, don't worry. I didn't stick to a preop diet all. Infact I ate lots, knowing I wouldn't be able to anymore. My surgery went fine. Congrats on your impending surgery!
Quana27
on 6/1/11 8:56 pm - Bronx, NY
Thanks Andrew...I was contemplating doing the same thing...lol but decided against it instead when I did slip up I just made a conscious decision to try and stay within my caloric daily intake so even tho I was cheating I was still on track
Quana27
on 6/1/11 8:50 pm - Bronx, NY
Thanks so much Janine I've been tossing and turning all night it seems the closer it gets the more anxiety I feel but it is so nice to know that's not only did you have the procedure done but you had it at NYU with the same team Dr. Ren is truly a beautiful person inside and out and she's also lives with banding on a daily basis (her husband Dr. Felding has banding, which is also tge name of the Dr. you were referring to) so once again thanks for, putting my nerves at ease....I am going to come out a true wls success!!!
Most Active