50 lbs lost and I'm stuck!

tootser76
on 6/8/11 6:26 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I need HELP!!!  I've lost 50 pounds and now I'm completely stalled out.  I've gained and lost the same 5 pounds for about a month or 2 now.  I'm feeling down and stressed and need to get back on track.  I feel like my metabolism has slowed to a crawl.  I vomited and got stuck for the first few times this month, and eating has become much less pleasurable. At the same time I'm craving binges like I used to do 50 pounds ago.  A nice binge on donuts, cake and pizza sounds so calming right now, but alas those don't fit into my life anymore literally or figuratively.   

I'm in a total funk and any words of inspiration would really help..... 

steelerfan1
on 6/8/11 6:35 am, edited 6/8/11 6:35 am
First eating should never been that much of a hassle and you shouldn't be getting stuck or throwing up.

maybe  you are to tight and need to get some saline taken out ?  I would not let this go on to much longer it could cause more damage in the long run .

I got stuck at 50 pounds also .   And just a couple of weeks ago I started to lose again .  You haven't mentioned exercise are you exercising at all ?

I do zumba 4 times a week and toning 3 times a week.

Are your calories to high to low ?   I have also found out that if I go below 1000 calories a day I dont lose no weight.  I have to keep mine between 1000 to 1500 per day . I bounce around every day so I dont stay at the same calories each and every day .

Are you keeping track of everything that goes into your mouth ? If not you need to start doing that to see where your problem areas might be :o)

PS and you are going to have stalls during this weight loss. You can stall for a week and you can stall as long as two to six months at a time . 

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

spuddzy
on 6/8/11 6:35 am - NY
My advice and what I do is start by writing everything down. Eat no more than you did in beginning...weather it be 4 oz.protein or 1 cup and just eat 3 solid meals and no sweets. Try just carbs in veggies and fruit and you will see the scale move...it lost 50 so you did the right thing to get here....don't binge get that out of your head...this is the weigh I lose weight very slow and steady..but I have to be mindful all the time...good luck

spuddzy

Most Active