Had my port replaced today and...

nursediez
on 6/23/11 9:43 am
It went great! They did it under local anesthesia....I was sedated and they numbed my stomach....I was in the OR at 11am and out the door at about 1pm...I feel great...Honestly No pain at all a little bit sore on my left side but Thankful that I have no pain...I didnt get a fill but I will get one at the post op in 2 weeks. The doctor said the port almost seemed as though because of the positioning that my muscle was rubbing on it too much therefore breaking down...so he removed my port so that wouldnt happen again.....I am excited to be back on track.
 B.S.N., R.N.

cammi1012
on 6/23/11 10:43 am
Great News, I was banded a year before you.  If you don't mind me asking what was year systems.  I was told I have a enlarged esposhgus so I was not able to get fill and I have to wait two more months to see if it shinks. 

Thanks in advance
nursediez
on 6/23/11 11:30 am
I believe I have the allergan band......I had actually went down to about 190 then I got pregnant and had an unfil....is that what you mean by systems?
 B.S.N., R.N.

got2wantit
on 6/24/11 3:55 am
Hope that you are still doing well and pain free.  My friend had hers also replaced the same day as you and she has been very sore and pain.  Wishing you continued success.
Most Active