I'm banded!

songbird5769
on 7/9/11 5:01 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11
I had my surgery on July 7th and am on full liquids. I am just not hungry. The Dr. wants unflavored protein mixed in everything and it's  lumpy and gross.  That makes it worse. I am mostly sipping on a lot of water. LuckilyI don't have any gas pains so I am glad for that. Anyone out there not want to eat?
mary101678
on 7/9/11 5:10 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12

You could try to mix the protein mix in the blender to help with the lumps.
The protein is important for many reasons but most of all because it helps with the hair loss. Many people lose hair after this type of surgery.
Best of luck to you!
Mary

got2wantit
on 7/9/11 6:42 am
First let me wish you a speedy recovery and great success with your WL. I did not have an appetite for two weeks after my surgery, but I knew that I needed the fluids and the protein. I use a small blender like a magic bullet (Wal-Mart) or else a shaker glass from GNC that has a piece in the lid to help to mix it. Also if you add it to liquid that is too hot it forms lumps that I have never been able to get out. When I pour my coffee I let it cool for a minute before adding the power. Good luck.
Lisaizme
on 7/9/11 8:32 am - TX
I wasn't required to add protein to anything as we were only 2 weeks getting back to regular food.

What brand of unflavored protein are you trying to use?  Unjury makes an unflavored (www.unjury.com) and I think Syntrax has an unflavored (medical grade) www.si03.com

I really liked the chicken soup flavored unjury and I'm very fond of the Syntrax Nectars.  Why not call the bariatric office Monday and tell them your problem and see if they have better ideas.

Blenders are your friend.  Also the heat thing that someone else mentioned is important.  If your hot liquid is over 130, the protein will most likely clump.

I remember getting very full on chicken broth ..   didn't last long.  :)  Glad you are doing well.  Welcome to the loser bench!
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Barbara B.
on 7/9/11 8:55 am - Indiana, PA
 Congratulations on your surgery....  you will do just fine.  Concerning the Protein Mix....get yourself one of those gravy mixers that you add your water and protein powder and shake it like crazy.  It's wonderful.  Even after 6 weeks, I mix up a batch once a day.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Barb
                      Barb Blatt  ~  Surgery Date:  May 27, 2011  

CScott0925
on 7/9/11 10:10 am
I had surgery a few weeks prior to yours. I drank an ounce of Isopure at the top of every hour and then an ounce of water every 15 minutes. It got me through the first several days. Hope this helps.

Carrie

countrygirl1974
on 7/10/11 3:56 am - GA
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/06/11
i had surgery on july 6 . i feel the same way you do not wanting to eat , but try to drink as much water as you can and sugarfree pops are great. i didnt have the gas pain either until my fifth day . i hope everything goes well and have a speedy recovery...CAROL
andiek77
on 7/10/11 6:02 am - NJ
I had my surgery on July 6th.
It sounds like i am the ONLY one, but I AM HUNGRY!
My stomach growls and i feel kind of icky today.

I have been drinking the Isopure (that stuff is awful) Ive been drinking 4-8 ounces 3 times a day.
Is it possible that im drinking TOO much at once? 
After "meals" I feel like ive got a balloon in my chest.

Sorry if im kind of rambly. today was a very emotional day for some reason.
I dont think ive ever looked forward to pudding and yogurt as much as i do now.

I HATE JELLO!!!
Most Active