popcorn?

aliciahegeman
on 7/28/11 8:29 am - Highland, NY
Has anyone else had popcorn ,,and have their band tighten up? I had popcorn on Monday....tuesday got stuck on everything....including my chewable vitamen....weds...did all
liquids ...had a small can of spagettios(i know bad choice)..but was fine....then dinner a small bite of shrimp and whamo ughhhh....i was thinking the kernels irratated my band.......I have been getting most of my water in like 50 oz
Hislady
on 7/28/11 9:22 am - Vancouver, WA
It;s one of those things that some don't have problems and others have had to have a small unfill to let the kernels pass thru. I guess they can kind of back up behind the band and cause it to be tighter. Myself I stay away from it (even tho I love it) just don't need the problems. Shrimp can also be a problem for some. Myself I would do a couple of days of liquids and/or mushies then slowly add firmer foods for a few days. If it' still causes issues please contact your doc or of course if you can't get liquids down call right away. Good luck.
crystal M.
on 7/28/11 11:19 am - Joliet, IL
This definitely something that some have problems with and others don't.  I unfortunately I can eat lots and lots of popcorn.  I once had a medium popcorn at the movies....it was a big tub...and I ate the whole thing!!!!
aliciahegeman
on 7/28/11 11:27 am - Highland, NY
Ty for the replies ! yes popcorn is a slider for me ..but this is pure misery  and i dont think ill be eating it for a while!...i will do the liquids..in fact im gonna really sip my water the next few days too !

debbie H.
on 7/28/11 11:46 am - AR
I had my first popcorn in over 6 months last night, no problem (one of the 100 calorie packs).  Shrimp, however, is an issue for me each and every time I try it.  I have to try an english pea sized bite and chew and chew.  One little slip and I'm eating 3 papaya enzymes and fussing at myself!

Tooty
on 7/28/11 10:51 pm - Germantown, TN
I can eat popcorn with no problems, but I do find that if I have a lot of salt one day, the next day is going to have to be a liquid day as I am usually pretty tight. 

I think the salt makes your body retain water and causes the band to be a bit tighter until it flushes out...(just my opinion and experience)
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 10:59 pm
I can have popcorn, I can eat a couple of cups of it.
debbiejean58
on 7/28/11 11:00 pm - Antioch, TN
I eat popcorn and shrimp all the time with no problems
Hislady
on 7/29/11 7:03 am - Vancouver, WA
Woohoo DebbieJean look at you!! Hubba hubba!! You look better in every picture.
Most Active