Band frustrations..... HELP!

chinamama
on 8/3/11 12:31 pm - Bend, OR

The last couple of months I have been losing well, (I broke my leg in feburary and had gained some, its finally coming off) but I feel like I am always stuck....  And it seems to be getting worse.  It feels like my pouch is never emptying, so even after 2 hours if I drink, then I am stuck and many times end up throwing up.  Not sure if I have a slip, or another possibility am I maybe getting dehydrated since I cant drink, so I am getting tighter?  To compound issues we moved this year and I am now about 250 miles from my surgeon.

This sound familiar to anyone? 

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

TonifromFl
on 8/3/11 12:45 pm
Oh yes, this is exactly what happened to me, and I was that way for a month because I thought that I had messed my band up, and I finally went to my doctor today and all I needed was a small unfill.  He said that sometimes it happens, you just get your pouch irritated and you need the small unfill to make it better.   So don't delay, go to the doctor, I promise you, you will feel better.  Hope this helps :)

Toni
Kate -True Brit
on 8/3/11 4:26 pm - UK
It's not uncommon to get tighter after a few years. With me, I was about 3 or so years post- op and hadn't had a fill for well over a year.

I didn't get as tight as you, I just started to get mild night time heartburn.

For me it was sorted by a tiny unfill. No probs since.

Kate.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

vlp1968
on 8/3/11 9:34 pm
I agree, sounds like you need a bit of an unfill. I would look into surgeons in your area. I hope you can get closer than 250 miles away. Good luck!
Lisa O.
on 8/4/11 3:58 am - Snoqualmie, WA
You need an unfill.  The band can tighten for many different reasons but don't try to wait it out. 
Make an appointment to get a slight unfill.  Being too tight is not only dangerous it's counterproductive to WL. 
Take care of yourself and make the trip!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

chinamama
on 8/4/11 5:13 pm - Bend, OR

Thanks everyone!  I actually feel better today, nothing but liquids yesterday, and I stopped and thought back to what I did as a new bandster, went out and bought some gas x and chewed a bunch up, tonight everything seems to be going down.  I think I was dehydrated, we have moved to a much warmer dryer climate and its really hard to get enough liquid down (I miss diet coke!) 

So can anyone tell me are the surgeons still as ridgid about seeing other dr's patients as they were a couple of years ago?  I need to find one closer....

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

elaineeast7
on 8/5/11 11:01 am
Agreed.  I am having the same problem and cant afford to fix it.  Unfill a little and you will feel much better.  Its hard to gague if the fill is right when you are at the Dr. office.
Most Active