First NSV's

PurplHaze
on 8/7/11 9:45 am
My partner and I were both banded on June 24th, just over 6 weeks ago. He has lost 40lbs, but better than that his house shaking, high decibel snoring is gone and now it is down to a soft rumble! He also was having sleep apnea which is totally gone! He has so much more energy.

As for me, I bought a pair of size 10 shorts on my recent business trip to Washington, and although I haven't had a fill yet, and I spent 5 days dining in restaurants and entertaining clients, I managed to not gain a pound. I am going for my first fill on Wed.

Woo hoo all around!

Scarlettbegonias971
on 8/7/11 11:16 am - Salem, OR
 Congrats! I just had my surgery here 3 days ago on the 4th. I hope I can do good with the weight loss :-) I want it to come off fast but I know with the band it's a slow process.

Lisa O.
on 8/7/11 11:22 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi,
I'm hijacking this post to say hello because you live in OR.  I live in WA and have a lap band only support group that meets once a month near Sea Tac Airport.  I know it's a hike, but there's another OH member that comes whenever she can, so if you're interested you might be able to car pool.  Either way, you should reach out to Ambelina and introduce yourself.  She also lives in Salem.  Also, there's anothe successful bandster on this forum named Tiff tells all.  She just moved back to Portland from Moscow, Idaho.  You should e-mail both of them and maybe you could get together!  Support is so important, live as well as online, and will make a big difference in your WL journey!

Please let me know if you're ever going to be in the Seattle area or if you ever have any questions in general. 

PM meif you want me to add me to my Support Group mailing list.  If you're on FB we have a group there too so you can "friend" me on FB and I'll add you to the group which is private.

Best of luck as you begin your journey!
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Lin_2
on 8/7/11 12:43 pm
Congrats!!! That's really great!
I would LOVE to buy size 10! (someday!)

Most Active