Can a little fill make a differance?

AmberF
on 10/14/11 1:36 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
 I just wonder can a tiny fill make a difference? I went and got a fill about a month ago I had no restriction he put in 1cc. Then for two days I couldnt keep anything down so he did an unfill. He took a little less than half of what he put in out. I wonder if maybe he put a little back in would it make a differance? I know some people have said that the bad did not work for them because it was always either to tight or to loose Im praying that im not one of these people! Can just a little fill put me at that perfect spot?
Kate -True Brit
on 10/14/11 6:41 pm - UK
Yes. Fills of 0.25 are not uncommon and for me even 0.1 has made all the difference.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Lisa O.
on 10/14/11 10:59 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
The most important thing to learn is that there is no perfect spot.  The band is around a liiving organ which will change as you lose weight, have your period, retain water, feel stress, change altitude, etc.  So while you will have periods of good restriction it can change overnight and then change again.  I've had my band for 3 years and I've had my band filled with 6cc's and good restriction which became suddenly too tight.  I had a complete unfill and then when we started filling the band again 5.5 was enough for the same level of tightness.  That also changed.  Today I hav 4.8 cc's and good restriction.  My point is, it changes.  Don't get hung up by the number and don't wait for perfect restriction to lose weight.  Focus on diet and exercise and get fills when you need them.  .25 is very common after about 4 cc's and some are even more sensitive to fills than that.  I know a few people that lost over 50+ lbs without any fills at all.  Having the band around your stomach pressing on the vargas nerve will help lessen hunger and restriction will come but too many of us live with a too tight band searching for that perfect restriction and it's dangerous.

Keep doing what you're doing and answer these questions to determine if you need a fill or not:
1.  Are you hungry between meals?  (less than 4 hours between meals)
2.  Has your weight loss stalled?
3.  Can you eat more than 1 cup of solid food per sitting?

If you answer yes to 2 or more then you probably need a fill, but .25 is plenty.  It's best to go slow than too fast.  Trust me, being too tight is no fun and is counterproductive to our WL goals.

Hang in there !  You're going to be fine!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Lifebeauty
on 10/15/11 9:33 am
Many years ago there was a slogan, "A little dab will do yah", believe me it applies with a fill.  Some times it will over do u.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Most Active