chantex

aliciahegeman
on 10/18/11 10:18 pm - Highland, NY
hi all... has anyone here taken chantex(sp?) while having the band....ive taken it before the band and it helped but unfortuneatley went back to smoking and i want to quit ..it bothered my stomach before ....ty for any help!
Annette O.
on 10/18/11 10:36 pm - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I took Chatix while banded and had no "band side effects" I had nasty headaches but the most important side effect was I quit smoking. It was amazing! I literally forgot I smoked. All of a sudden one day  around 5 I said to myself "hmm I didn't have a cigarette today".  I know other people have had other side effects but for me it was wonderful. Not only have I been smoke free for 4 years, I don't even feel like an ex smoker.
  From that moment on I felt like a person who never smoked. I had no repulsion, or want of a cigarette I was more like "indifferent". For me it was like a switch in my brain just went off and poof I wasn't a smoker. AMAZING!! Prior to that I had done the patch, gum (I swear I spent more money on nicorette then I ever did on Cigarettes), hypnosis, acupunture, and an inhaler I forgot the name. 
   I should also mention I was a 2+ pack a day smoker!

Good luck to you
Annette O
aliciahegeman
on 10/18/11 11:02 pm - Highland, NY
Wow! great job !!! i usually have 4 a day ,.i have some pills left...im gonna start at lunch ..i usually have a shake for breakfast and id rather take it with substance...ill start with a half pill
Nic M
on 10/19/11 2:45 am, edited 10/19/11 2:46 am
I took Chantix and it worked almost immediately.  I got the pukeys and REALLY bizarre dreams, but within 3 days, I "forgot" to smoke. And I haven't smoked in years now. Have no desire... which is what changed for me. I have quit in the past, but I always WANTED to smoke. Now I just don't have that deep seated desire.

But,  man oh man, the pukeys were kinda bad. It's a distant memory now, at least! 

PS. I just read Annette's answer... sounds like it did the same for me as it did for her!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

melly37
on 10/19/11 4:31 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I can relate to everyone else.  I took Chantix to quit smoking to have my Lapband surgery.  While taking it, I had BIZARRE and VIVID dreams, but nothing bad.  I also had to eat food at about 5 minutes after taking the pill.  If I ate before or waited any longer than that, I felt very nauseous!!  No fun!!

I was smoke free and never even felt the urge to smoke again until about 6 months ago.  I was breaking up with my boyfriend.  I was going through a lot of emotions.  He was a smoker.  I decided to take a few of his.  At first, the taste repulsed me.  I kept at it though.  Smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day.  I have now worked my way up to about 3/4 of a pack and feel out of control again.

I am going to have to take Chantix again, I think.  I just hope the nauseous doesn't get bad now that I have my band. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

cheyenne000
on 10/19/11 10:13 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I used it for about a month  before I was banded , It made me sick to my stomach so I broke the 1mg pills in half and took them about 3 hours apart and had no problem. Good Luck hope all goes well for you. I am still Smoke free after 5 years

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

aliciahegeman
on 10/19/11 11:02 am - Highland, NY
Mel...i took a half after a few bites of dinner,,small drink( i usually dont drink with meals but....) my nausea wasnt bad ...hopefully that will work...i quit for 2 months before banding...cold turkey(cause i knew i couldnt get the band if i didnt)......but now its harder :( i know how you feel ..i wish i could just be a social smoker or have one once in a while ...but i guess thats the addict inside..good luck !
Most Active