Gone for awhile but coming back.

dren
on 10/22/11 2:31 am - Big Clifty, KY
Hello I do not get on here much but this week I learned a very good lesson from my lap band surgeon and I also got a goos swift kick in the butt from him which I needed very badly. Now I have been feeling very sorry for myself because my son got stabbed at the end of August. He is going to be fine but the trauma of it all has played a great toll on me. I thought not eating because I was not hungry would not hurt me becuase hey if you don't eat you can't gain weight, or if you pick up something that is not good for you won't hurt you becuase you are not eating so it won't hurt you well WRONG.
I thought because I could eat something that normally I could not eat that my bad had gotten loose and that it needed to be tightened because hey when you are under stress your band gets tight right WRONG. I also am having a problem with my thyroid it is hypo and that will make you gain weight. That is right. But I decided I needed to get this nipped in the bud and quick. Now I am not a new banded person,, I have had my band for 5 years and had lost 140 pounds so I knew or thougth I new better. Well did I learn a few things or two He was very understanding that my son had been stabbed and was very sorry what he was not understanding about was the not eating. He was very upset with me. Now this is the first time since being banded that I have had this problem other than my thyroid acting up. He was really upset with me and ask me if not eating was making my son better when I woke up the next morning. He told me he could not imagine being in my situation but was eating the wrong things or not eating at all making my son better when I woke up the next morning. I was crying of course because my son's stabbing has really hit me hard and now I have a doctor on my butt chewing which I needed. I told him no. He told me that my band was fine, I didn't need a band adjustment I needed a mind eating adjustment. I told him I knew what I was suppose to be eating and I knew what I was suppose to be doing. He looked at me and he said. I am going to give you this Suggestion Diet that our nutrution has made up for the lap band and I suggest you follow it. He told me after I followed it and was still gaining weight call him and he would adjust my band but he did not feel at this time it was my band. So I came home and I burshed off my butt. I went to the grocery bought the stuff on the list and I have been eating the three meals a day. Today I weighed even though it said weigh once a week only and I have lost three pounds since Thursday. So I am going to post this suggestion from my lap band doctor. Remember this is only a Suggestion and it is my doctor your doctor might be different and you don't have to follow it but I think sometimes we all need a reminder or  as I got a swift kick in the butt. so here it is. There are some things on here I did not know.

Here are some his rules: 

Rules for the Lap Band

·        eat solid foods

·        eat three meals a day

·        keep your weights once a week(Only once a week)

·        "Pouch is size of golf ball--that never changes

Rules of Liquids

1.      No liquids with your meals.

2.      No liquids as your meals.

3.      No liquids with calories between meals.

·       no liquids with your meals and 1and 1/2 hour after your meal if you can wait longer the better

·       No liquids AS your meal--soups and chili is a liquid and oatmeal in the morning is a liquid.

GENERAL RULE--

1.     if you have to ask "is that a liquid or not" it is probably a liquid

2.     if you have to use a spoon to eat it- IT IS A LIQUID

·       No liquids with calories between meals

no sweet tea, regular colas, orange juice, apple juice, milk, or "protein" shakes

(May have diet colas) some people leave it open for 10 minutes to release carbanation.

Typical Breakfast

Protein Bar, or small muffin or half piece of  toast with butter and jelly.

A meal should take no longer than 20 minutes-- If you are taking longer than 20 minutes than you are probably tr

(May have diet colas) some people leave it open for 10 minutes to release carbanation.

Typical Breakfast

Protein Bar, or small muffin or half piece of  toast with butter and jelly.

A meal should take no longer than 20 minutes-- If you are taking longer than 20 minutes than you are probably trying to out eat the band.

Heartburn at night= band to tight  ( call dr. immediatel)

Here are his food Suggestion.

Lap Band Meal Suggestion:

Breakfast:

1. Whole Wheat Toast with peanut butter,                                 

apple butter or melted cheese apple.

2. Lunch-meat.

string cheese

Mandarin oranges

3.Protein Bar

Grapes

4. Hard Boiled Egg

Whole Wheat Bread with Margine

Banana

5. Scrambled Egg with Cheese, veggies

Bacon

6. Whole Wheat Toast

Veggie Sauage

7. Mini Pizza with Cheese Canadian bacon

tomato sauce

8. Frozen whole grain waffle light syrup

peach

LUNCH:

1. Baked Potato with shredded cheese

broccoli

2. Beef stew

biscuit (dry)

3.Chef Salad with Vinaigrette

fruit cup

4. Peanut Butter Crackers

apples

5. Frozen diet meal

grapes

6. Tuna/chicken/egg /salad with crackers

carrot chips

apple

7. Veggie Pizza with thin crust

salad with vinaigrette

8.Dressed Ham Sandwhich

Pretzels

Fruit cup

DINNER

1. Chicken Breast

Butter Beans

Cooked Greens

2. Baked Tilipia

Brown Rice

Mixed Veggies

3.Spaeghtti and meat sauce

toasted garlic bread

Broccoli

4.BBQ Pork Chop

Green Beans

Roasted Potatoes

Cooked Apples

5. Roast

Mashed Potatoes

Asparagus

6.Smoke Turkey Sauage

Sauerkraut

mashed potatoes

green beans

7.  Beans

Cornbread

kale

Roasted Potatoes

8. Chicken/ tuna casserole

side salad with vinaigrette

9. Chicken/Beef Fajitas

grilled peppers and onions

10. Salmom patties

coleslaw

Peas

*Keep in mind that the above suggestions are dependent on your level of restriction and that the portion sizes my vary.

Do what you want with this I just thought it might help if you have reached a slump.

gee1963
on 10/22/11 4:23 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
Thanks Dren
dren
on 10/22/11 5:28 am - Big Clifty, KY
you are welcome I needed the butt chewing I got. He is a great doctor and I love him. I knew what I needed. Didn't really like it but he was so right. and as I said I did not knwo about the soup, Chili, and oatmeal.
Most Active