so worried

AmberF
on 12/11/11 1:34 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
So I noticed that for about the last month I have lost restricion. At first I really didnt notice it because I have never really had that much restriction to begin with I have never found a sweet spot and I have always either been to tight or to loose. Well the past week and a half I had starting getting really dizzy, then I started to get alot of shortness of breath, and noticed my heart would start racing  and then I started to have some chest pains. Well after about a week of this I went to the my family physician and he sent me to a cardiologist I went friday and did a stress test and got an ecocardiogram. I have an appointment with him again this coming up friday. Well I read on here and other placed that those could be signs of maybe something being wrong with the band. I called my surgeons office and she told me she would tell him my syptoms and she called me back and said he didnt think it had anything to do with the band. I have an appointment on the 20th that I made a few months ago (it takes months to get an appointment with my surgeon then he only spends 2 seconds with me but thats a whole other story :(  I really want to make sure everything is ok with my band I didnt do alot of vomiting my first year due to over eating and not eating the right things so Im worried that maybe there was a slip and it has been slipped for a long time and is causeing other problems. I have had no vomiting in a long time, no pain , no issues eating, but also no restricion. So should I just tell him im worried and want him to check it out? what do I ask for to make sure my bands ok? what procedure do I ask for?
Kate -True Brit
on 12/11/11 4:19 pm - UK
 I'm not going to try to  say this is or is not band related, because I haven't a clue.

Just to  say best wishes and hope it gets sorted out for you.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

silvercb67
on 12/11/11 10:02 pm - MN
I had similar symptoms this past spring and ended up in emergency room. They found that my vitamin D and calcium
Levels were extremely low. Don't be afraid to let your doctor know all of your concerns.
Sending well wishes your way.

Lisa O.
on 12/12/11 12:46 am - Snoqualmie, WA
You don't say when you had your band surgery but you joined OH in August.  It's not surprising that you don't have restriction, but it depends on how many fills you've had and I'm here to tell you, there is no "Sweet Spot".  Restriction can go away with weight loss as the fat around the out side of your stomach decreases and many things affect tightness. 

It's good that you're getting everything checked out.  Chest pain should not be ignored.  As far as tests to check the band?  An upper GI will check band placement and whether or not you are too tight.  An Endoscopy is used generally for looking inside your stomach if you have concerns regarding gastritis, ulcers, hiatal hernias, etc.  It's a look "inside" where an upper GI is a picture taken from outside.

Also, you should have your blood work done every year, not just the few things that your PCP will check, but an extended panel of tests appropriate for people who have had bariatric surgery.

I hope everything is resloved soon.  Please keep us posted.

I'm praying for a positive outcome!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

monymony
on 12/12/11 6:50 am
Hi Amber, if there was anything bad going on with you, the doctor would have notified you immediately. The stomach is an organ and expands and contracts. Some days you can eat any thing and every thing and some days you can barely get things down. Emotions and stress can play a big part. It can make you tight as a drum or hungry for garbage food. Have your surgeon make sure you have the amount of fluid you had at your last fill. He may want to do an endoscopy if he thinks something is wrong. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

MARIA F.
on 12/12/11 1:03 pm - Athens, GA

Amber there is a WLS Christmas dinner on Sat. Let me know if you want details.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active