What are your fill cues?

Nikki C.
on 3/16/12 12:54 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Just wondering what everyone's personal "fill" cues are?  What things trigger you to think you need to go in for an adjustment?

I was unfilled few weeks ago and now that things have calmed down,  I'm thinking I need to go back to start getting filled again.  I was unfilled 1cc and would like to add gradually so that I don't need any unfills again.  I'm thinking of scheduling an appointment next week to get back .5cc.

My hunger has increased significantly and my portions have been going up to.  I'd like to nip this in the bud before the scale starts going up! 

Just looking for others to share their own personal deciding factors on fills.

Thanks,
Nikki

getsemani
on 3/16/12 2:48 am - Pleasantville, NJ
Nikki,

I usually know it's time for a fill when my servings become larger and larger.
Nikki C.
on 3/16/12 3:00 am - Gaithersburg, MD
What about being able to eat different foods that normally you can't eat or eat well?

For me it's bread/pasta-like foods that are a trigger if I can eat more than few bites, I know I need to make some changes.

kathkeb
on 3/16/12 3:27 am
When I thought it,ight be time for a fill, I would make myself eat bandster meals and judge my hunger.

I would eat protein and produce for breakfast, lunch and dinner and time how long I stayed satisfied. If it was less than 4 hours, it was time.

I could not judge based on foods alone, because I could eat a lot of crunchy carbs ... Even with good restriction. My band does nothing to stop potato chips or tortilla chips from sliding down .....even when it is perfectly filled.
Kath

Nikki C.
on 3/16/12 3:50 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks Kath!  I have a few of those too - mostly the sweet crunchy carbs but unfortunately tortilla chips and potato chips are not them when I'm a good point....my band puts the breaks on those as well as crackers and pretzels and things of that nature.  

For me it seriously seems to be those more starchy doughy type foods when I am too loose.  I can eat the flatbread type breads toasted well or a pasta in a sauce to help it slide on a good day but I usually don't even bother because they end up being difficult and too heavy for me.  Since my unfill however they have become easier for me to consume which for me could lead to danger in carb overload! 

I made a fill appointment for next week! I can't wait to get it back! 

Hislady
on 3/16/12 12:48 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just a word of caution since you had so much trouble with being too tight not that long ago. If I were you I'd put off a fill for as long as humanly possible to give your tummy time to settle down and relax, but that's just me. I wish you well no matter what your choice.
Sherri Stewart
on 3/16/12 4:06 pm - Dumfries, VA
Hi Nikki,
I went through a bad too tight spell after the Xmas Holiday and my dr unfilled me and made me wait 30 days.  I personally know I need a feel when my meals increase in size and I crave things I should not have like sugar. For some reason when I am in the "green zone", I do not crave sweets.  Good Luck

Sherri
Sherri S .
Most Active