Need to get back on track

april F.
on 3/22/12 3:01 am - montpelier, VA
I am a little over 4 years out from having my band surgery and I have lost a total of 93 pounds.  I had lost 106 pounds but over the course of the last 2 years I have gained 13lbs back.  I went to the doctor about a month ago and he said that they can not fill my band anymore or it would be dangerous for me which I do not want.  He told me to just get back on track and begin eating the way I am suppose to with the band and I will begin to lose weight again.  I have played with a couple of diets here and there over the last 6 weeks and while they all work intially my weight seems to want to bounce back and forth a lot.  I am just looking for a little motivation on getting started again so I decided to come to forum which I have not visited in about 2 1/2 or 3 years.  I figured this would be a good place to start to maybe get some tips on thigns to help me get started losign weight again.  I would really like to lose at least those 13 lbs back in the next 2 months so I can get under 200lbs again.
THE BAND IS THE BEST THING I EVER HAVE DONE FOR MY HEALTH!!!!

START/CURRENT/
GOAL
305/240/

FIRST MINI GOAL OF BEING 255 BY MAY 17 MET 10DAYS EARLY!!!!
NEW MINI GOAL- TO BE 205 BY DEC. 30  ONLY 35LBS LEFT TO GO
ONLY  90LBS. LEFT TO GO TO REACH MY TOTAL GOAL
SueBee01
on 3/22/12 4:36 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Welcome back! I am fairly new, but love to read about all of you that have a couple years in.

Glad to see you are losing again and remind you to remember why you did this to start with! You are down a lot from when you started out four years ago and I bet you also feel much better. I started out at 330 and am down to 282 now and feel better, but can't wait to feel great!

Keep it going!
 Sue

Nikki C.
on 3/22/12 5:19 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Why can't your band be filled?  Are you at capacity already?  What was his reasoning for it being "dangerous"? 

crystal M.
on 3/22/12 9:46 am - Joliet, IL
Getting back to basics for me means...healthy lean protein, veggies and fruit, complex carbs. 
no more simple carbs, no more fast foods, no more convenience foods (when I cook my food I tend to eat healthier)  It's not so hard either....see the crock pot post, stop the grazing (eat my snacks but no mindless snacking).  LOG your food (use an app for iphones or androids). 

Most importantly get active.  Start a walking program or workout.  Get a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day.  Find hobbies that are active...bike riding, gardening, yoga, zumba, something that will get you moving.  Also incorporate moving during non moving activities.  When watching TV...when there's a commercial get up and jog in place and during the show have hand weights or stretching while watching TV (flexibility is very important).  When cooking or cleaning jog in place....wear ankle weights when you're out shopping.  There is soooo much you can do.  If you work figure out ways to incorporate activity.  While on the phone get up and jog in place or do lunges.  Remember to try to build some muscle...muscle burns calories...lean muscle speeds up metabolism.  A faster metabolism means more pounds lost and it means it will be easier to maintain later on. 

Good luck!!!!
Most Active