slippage???

free4l1fe
on 1/17/13 8:28 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12

I just woke up in terrible stomach pain. I just had my first "real" fill since my surgery in march almost 2 weeks ago. There were a ton of complications from my surgery so I waiting a while before having a fill. Now I've woken in terrible pain. I can feel it's where the band is. I'm wondering if I've slipped? Normally I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion but since I've had so many complications from the very beginning, and I've been throwing up A LOT since my fill last Monday. Should I wait it out or should I go to the ER??? Uggg I wish I never go this thing put in me.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/13 9:13 pm - UK

Terrible stomach pain means phone your doctor! Now!  If you have just had a fill and have been throwing up you may just  be too tight.  But you should never have "terrible" pain.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

prek-3
on 1/17/13 9:24 pm - Hollywood, FL
I agree with Kate.
There should NEVER be an experiencing of pain ( unless you ate something or didn't chew properly). But never any other pain.
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Stephanie M.
on 1/17/13 10:43 pm

When I got fills, I would be tight fr a couple of days, then feel the same as before the fill for a week or so, then around 10-14 days after would feel more restriction.  By more restriction, I would get a soft stop sign, runny nose, when I was 1/2 to 2/3 done with my measured meal of 1/2 cup.

You could very well need an unfill.  You need to call your band doctor ASAP.  Good luck!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Nic M
on 2/5/13 1:15 am

How are you doing now, Free? I hope you got things taken care of and are feeling better.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active