Well, finally got an answer after all my tests

Easternshoregrl
on 2/4/13 6:13 am - MD
Hi everyone. About a month ago I posted about my burning pains in my right side and up my back. Gall Bladder was out so it wasn't that. I had a CXR, ultrasound and CAT scan with and without contrast.

Verdict from the cast scan, small to moderate hiatal hernia. Doc wants to review the films herself and I have been instructed for the meantime to NOT over eat. My pain has calmed down, but not I am paranoid about eating anything.

First consult 306, pre-op visit 278, surgery date 272, current 198

pineview01
on 2/4/13 7:08 am - Davison, MI

At least you got an answer!  Hopefully you can get relief now.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SueBee01
on 2/4/13 10:17 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I had hiatal hernia repair when I was banded. I hope you find relief soon!
 Sue

Iam_with_the_Band
on 2/4/13 12:51 pm

Sorry you're paranoid about eating.  You need to eat.  Just try very small frequent meals.  It's good to have answers.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

NanaB .
on 2/4/13 5:26 pm

You had the same burning sensation I had, if you have the AP band, it can be easily unbuckled and fixed, without removing your band. I had to get a new band because the older bands don't unbuckle easily without destroying the lap band system. 

I got my hiatal hernia fixed and new band and I feel awesome, no more burning or having to take any PPis or acid reducers, life has never been better.

Good luck.

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

Most Active