Lisa update

Hislady
on 11/11/13 2:56 am - Vancouver, WA

Well for the first time there is a tiny bit of good news, Lisa is pretty much breathing on her own with some help from the ventilator. Altho the more alert she gets the more agitated she is. This is harder for her hubby than when she was sleeping peacefully. She is scheduled for another surgery tomorrow we think to help get her more nutrition, at this point she needs all she can get for her body to heal. So keep those prayers a comin' folks!

My apologies to those of you I scared with my typo on the last report. I had put "die" instead of "due" and I am so sorry if I scared any of you! Thanks to Kate for pointing it out to me. Will update as I hear more.

sfnativewm
on 11/11/13 3:05 am

Thank you so much for keeping us all informed!  

Like all of us Lisa just wanted the joy of losing weight and feeling good about herself!!    She is such a wonderful woman that with all the great prayers and thoughts she is getting, she will for sure get well soon!

Thanks again!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

pineview01
on 11/11/13 3:22 am - Davison, MI

Thank You for keeping us updated Hislady!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Zee Starrlite
on 11/11/13 3:37 am

how devastating this all is.  We all understand how things can go wrong,  but we never think they will especially to this extent.  Some of us struggle so hard to keep our bands - to remove, and then to decide if we will even revise. 

With getting my stomach sleeved I was so terrified of a leak before and then after.  I did every single thing  I was instructed to do without missing a beat - I just went through the motions the first couple of weeks post-op.  I took my Lovenox injections as ordered, my temperature a couple of times daily (could be sign of an infection/leak), my vits, my water, my protein.  I measured everything, made sure I got and did everything. During this time I honestly did not know what date or day it was I just knew that I had to drink my 16.8oz water before I left in the morning.  I wanted to give myself the best chance.  And in this case, Lisa did not even have chance or choice.

I am believing that Lisa will get better with each day that passes and experience complete healing.

In the meanwhile, I hate that she has to go through all that she is.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Hislady
on 11/11/13 8:57 am - Vancouver, WA

More good news, it seems one of her friends spoke to her and she seemed to recognize them, not that she was awake but she turned in their direction like she "knew" them. Her surgery is to reconnect the small intestines to her bowel and close up the big open incision. So both of those are excellent things. Still a long way to go and won't know about any brain damage I imagine until she is fully awake but at least things are looking up somewhat. John says he's is feeling all the love and support and it helps so much!

Pickles123
on 11/11/13 12:27 pm

Thank you Hislady,

I have been thinking about Lisa all day.  I am glad there is some good news.

I will be praying for her..

Please continue to keep us updated.

Thank you!

Mrs_Desire _
on 11/11/13 9:11 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Girl you scared the crap out of me when you stated "die".  I am happy to see some good news.

I am prayerful that Lisa makes it through all this madness. She is so kind and helpful.

Thanks for the update.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

PetHairMagnet
on 11/23/13 8:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Any update today?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active