What do YOU consider "good restriction"?

K_Allen
on 8/20/15 12:05 pm
with

When I have what I consider to be "good" restriction without being too tight, I am (1) able to eat a small breakfast, (2) able to eat a small lunch and a late afternoon (healthy) snack, (3) forgo dinner without feeling hungry.

Hislady
on 8/22/15 7:17 pm - Vancouver, WA

I would say as long as you can comfortably eat without getting stuck and get the proper amount of nutrition you are doing fine. It some what depends on what you are eating at those meals mainly protein and a few veggies I hope. Sounds like you are at the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" stage. Once you start tinkering with the level it just never ends up well.

crystal M.
on 8/23/15 5:11 pm - Joliet, IL

That answer is different for everyone.  Some like me can live with the band filled to 8 ccs ( I could go tighter but I opted to stay loose).  Some can't even tolerate an empty band.   

Let's put it this way.  If you can't eat lean protein and veggies in one meal...comfortably then you are too tight.  After a meal you should feel satisfied NOT full.  If you are throwing up.  Getting stuck.  You are too tight.  If you have a long list of "off limits" food that make you throw up or stuck.  You are too tight.  If you are suddenly suffering from reflux or GERD....you could be too tight.  Any, pain tenderness or something gives you concern call you surgeon.  There could be an issue.

My next question is...I don't think you are getting in all of your protein in two meals and a snack.  Why are you skipping dinner?  To lessen your calorie count?  You should be able to eat 3 full meals and still keep a low calorie count.  It is important that you get all of your nutrients. 

Most Active