Looking for a New Facility for VSG in MA

kixfix
on 3/20/12 8:33 am
I just had a horrendous experience with Sheila Partridge at Newton Wellesley Hospital.
I have wasted a lot of time and effort and need to change to another facility, who will be supportive and understand, that I will have setbacks but support me and not tear my self esteem down and berate me. I am looking to have VSG surgery and was doing well and had lost weight, but then had a hard month with work and timing and put on just over half a pound and was set upon by Partridge. I have been crying for 5 days and need to find a better facility that does not attack their patients in this endeavor. Not looking for warm and fuzzy just kind and understanding, I can take straight talking just not attacks in a demeaning, arrogant approach.
Thank you.
kardon
on 3/21/12 4:52 am
I had a great experience at Tuft's medical center during and after my gastric bypass. You may want to see if they perform VSG. I wish you the best of luck.

C J
on 3/21/12 11:34 am - Franklin, MA
Check out Tufts - Weight & Wellness program.   I was at the support group on Monday and they say they're are performing a significant amount of VSG's (assuming your Insurance company has VSG in their coverage)

I'm a post-op RNY'er I l-o-v-e the Tufts group and their program both pre and postop has been fantastic.  They are all genuienly compasionate about the obesity AND individual situations.  I chose Tufts for my revision from LapBand to RNY after having worked with the Brigham/Faulkner group.   The Brigham.Faulkner staff is help full and surgeons reputable I found their aftercare program... well... non-existant!!!  Ironically I got a letter in the mail from them just the other day asking how I have been doing... yeah, thanks my Lap-Band surgery was like 5years ago!!!

Good luck on your quest... finding the right surgeon/staff/support etc. is KEY!!!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

kixfix
on 3/22/12 7:39 am
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
I cannot tell you how deflated I am, Newton Wellesley and that particualr Doc were not a match for me. If I want to be judged I can ask any member of the public, I don't need it from the supposed doctor who is helping me! I will be contacting them tomorrow to move forward. I live in Medway, next town over do you belong to a local support group? Would love to chat about your experience.

You're looking good!!
Thank you again. Sue.
Email: [email protected]
C J
on 3/22/12 11:09 am - Franklin, MA

What's so important here is that you've recognized that you are NOT being treated like you should.  This is life altering and these people will be with you for the duration... of course you'll want them to treat you well and respect you without being judgemental!!!

I'm hoping to get some "local" people together to form a group.  I fell off the wagon and stopped going to support groups all together.  Monday I saw my nutritionist for the first time in 8months  and we went over the importance of support and after care.   There isn't a "local" group that I know of but I've been trying to get some people together to form one so we can "support" each other.

I heard nothing but GOOD about VSG - I wanted it but couldn't afford self-pay and my insurance didn't cover it :-(   I have no regrets with my RNY - life is SOOOO different!!!

Keep in touch...

alasvolattpropriis
on 3/24/12 12:39 am - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
Hi! I just wanted to speak up about Faulkner/Brigham & Women. I had my VGS on 2/8. I just had my 6 week checkup yesterday. Since surgery I have lost 30lbs. I can't say enough about my surgeon Dr. Jooyeun Chung & her administrative Assistant Alicja. I started going there every month since last July, I weighed 372 +. The Dr. & I discussed what would be best for me.  First  she wanted me to lose 50 pounds before surgery. The 1st month I gained, she later told me she thought I was never coming back, but I did. When I did the pre-op diet before surgery I lost more weight & after surgery she told me it didn't mater if I lost or gained she was going to do the surgery due to my commitment to the program. I look forward to my appointments,  thats when I do my weigh ins (I don't weigh myself before). Out of a 1 to 10 I would rate my experience with the program, Dr., staff, & hospital a "TEN". If you would like to talk to them here is their number at The Weight Loss Clinic 617-983-4887 or 617-732-8500. Good Luck  & please let me know how you make out.                

MrsClaus09
on 3/24/12 11:48 pm
I had my VSG at BIDMC (Beth Israel) and wouldn't change a thing!!!  I cannot say enough about how wonderful their program and their entire WLS is!  Just had my one year follow up and all is well with me...and, it was great to catch up with all of them.  They also have monthy support groups, info sessions and an annual reunion. 

Best of luck to you!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
kixfix
on 3/30/12 7:39 am
I took the advice from here and went to Beth Israel, I had my first appointment today and it was so different from Newton Wellesley. The one thing that reiterated for me was when watching the preappointment video, was that they truly believe in providing support and encouragement and to treat everyone with respect and dignity, all of which was missing for me at Newton Wellesley with Sheila Partridge. I don't need warm and fuzzy but I do need kind and respectful, which was exactly my experience today at Beth Isarel, so thank you everyone for the direction.
MrsClaus09
on 4/1/12 12:26 am
On March 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, kixfix wrote:
I took the advice from here and went to Beth Israel, I had my first appointment today and it was so different from Newton Wellesley. The one thing that reiterated for me was when watching the preappointment video, was that they truly believe in providing support and encouragement and to treat everyone with respect and dignity, all of which was missing for me at Newton Wellesley with Sheila Partridge. I don't need warm and fuzzy but I do need kind and respectful, which was exactly my experience today at Beth Isarel, so thank you everyone for the direction.
YAY!  So happy for you, kixfix! I'm sure you will love the program and people - I'm telling you, I have pretty high expectations and everything from preop to my hospital stay to post up - everyone and everything was great!  I wish you the best on your journey!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/8/12 11:11 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I'm at Mt Auburn with Dr. Julie Kim. So far everything has been beyond amazing. I get sleeved next Tuesday. Wish me luck and I hope you find somewhere that gives you what you need. I dont think Id take too well to being berated either. Like we don't feel bad ENOUGH, right?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 622 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2191 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4379 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4505 views