Weight Loss Support Group

alshepard
on 2/25/15 1:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I had the lap band done April 2013 and I've lost 79lbs which is great, but I want to lose another 40-50 lbs. I've been struggling lately with the motivation to eat healthy and work out. I wanted to know if anyone who lives near or outside of Boston would like to get together for a support group and work out. We can meet a few times a week for work out at a gym that is convenient to everyone and help support each other through this weight loss journey. It doesn't matter if you haven't had surgery yet or you've met your goal I want everyone to feel welcome. Please respond if this is something you'd be interested in.

Thanks

Amanda

Maronita
on 5/14/15 10:11 pm

I personally would love to get together with you and/or others.  I have been looking for someone to exercise with since I had surgery 2 years ago.  I, too, had the Lap Band and have lost 100 pounds.  I would like to lose just 10 more pounds, even though I have been told I will still at that point be 16 pounds over weight which is okay with me because I am currently between a size 8 - 10.  If I lose 10 more pounds I will be a solid size 8.  I don't want to go to a gym, but rather I would like someone to walk with (outside since the weather at this time of year is great and maybe during the winter at a mall.  The malls allow people in early before the stores open so that people can exercise/walking.  Where do you live?  I live just outside of Boston.  Downtown Boston, Cambridge, Quincy, South Boston are easy for me to get to by MBTA.

MaronitaMay
on 6/23/15 1:49 pm

Hello, all!  I just posted on the exercise board (not realizing there was a site for Massachusetts) that I am looking for an exercise buddy.  I do not belong to any gyms and can not afford to do so, however, would love to have someone or a group to walk with.  I live in Quincy.  Anyone interested, I am flexible on time of day/s.

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:36 am

Definitely interested.  Would you also be interested in going walking?  Maybe Castle Island or the Charles River.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 609 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2179 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4363 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4490 views