National Walk for Obesity in September

rebalspirit
on 5/8/03 12:28 am - Saint Johns , AZ
I was so excited to learn about he National Walk for Obesity in September, being organized by the ASBS. We have two sponsors in the Boston area and while I have osteoarthritis in one foot and ankle, I am praying that by the time September 20 comes along, I will have lost enough weight that the load I carry will be reduced enough that walking will not lay me out for several days. So now I have a real short term goal to work toward and I think this will make getting out to walk daily much more pleasurable because I will have other reasons than "excersize is good for me". Like that's not enough for me, tee hee *.* Anyway, I'm going to see if I can round up a crew of friends as supporters to walk with me - This is so exciting. I've never participated in something like this before and I can't believe how energizing it feels to committ to this. Let's all join the cause!!! To get more info, here's the link: http://www.walkfromobesity.com/. Many blessings to all. Toodles ~ Robin
Kelly W.
on 5/8/03 3:23 am - Ashby, MA
Hi Robin, This sounds like FUN! I just went and checked it out and found that the surgeon (Dr. Mun) happens to be my Mom's(post-op 2 years) so I am going to get her involved too! I wonder how long the walk will be? I am just a week post-op so by then, I too, am hoping that my 'pains' will allow me to participate in such an event! Keep us posted on any info. that you receive.~
Margaret B.
on 6/17/03 3:16 pm - Stoughton, ma
Hi Robin, I sent an email asking for information in regards to the walk. I'm not sure if you remember me, but, i am apart of your support groups, Margaret Burke. I would love to join a walk like this. If you find out any more information, please let me know!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 612 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2182 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4365 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4495 views