water intake

Kelly W.
on 5/13/03 5:04 am - Ashby, MA
Hi everyone!! I am 12 days post-op and seem to be able too drink alot of water very easily. I guess I should be grateful that it is not hard for me to get in my fluds BUT I am concerned that I can drink much more than others.OK, let me try and give ya an idea of what I am babbling on about.From day3 when I was first allowed any water, I was told to drink 6 oz. over a two hour period, so that's 3oz. an hour. I had NO problem and could of drank much more but didn't (per doc) Then he said next day to start the planned liquid diet (4 weeks,ugh) If I am to get in 64 oz. a day, ya definetly need to drink more than 3oz. an hour, right, so I was doin about 5 then 6 then 8, and so forth. My concern is that I can finish off a 12-16 oz. bottle of water in an hour now. IS THAT TOO MUCH?? It is just liquid right, so it must just go right thru the pouch?? I don't know, maybe I am just too worried about nothing. As far as a protein shake though, I can only drink about 6 oz. in a half hour, so am I doing this right? Any comments are appreciated... Kelly W. Lap RNY 5/01/03 5'4" 238/224/130?
Gloria A.
on 5/14/03 2:50 am - Boston, MA
you are very lucky, I am 5 months post op and still have a very hard time geting water in. I don't think I have ever got 64 oz. the more you drink the more you lose, Be careful with drinink to much, you may be low in your electrolytes (not sure of the spelling) Check with the doctor to see if you need to suppplemnet with gatorade. Good luck, I wish I could drink that much
Theresa T.
on 7/14/03 11:28 pm - MA
HI. I know you posted this a while ago- how are you doing now? I am 15 days post and have the same concern. I am worried about stretching my pouch - can liquid do that? My doctor says I need 72 oz per day and I can usually accomplish that. I can definitely drink much faster than I thought. Did you find out anymore?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 612 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2182 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4366 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4495 views