Greetings from Sam Williams in Ma. RE: Ins. Cigna & Masshealth

Samara W.
on 5/16/03 2:27 pm - Reading, Ma
I am wanting to know what the "letter of necessity" needs to state for approving the surgery?Does anyone have experience with Cigna Ins. PPO and HMO policies on the Gastric Bypass operation? How long is the trun round/or days does it take for APPROVAL with Cigna Ins. PPO or HMO? How many times does it take to sbmit to the Ins. company before they approve it? How hard is it to get approved with Cigna? RE:Masshealth It would be very much appreciated if anyone who has Masshealth could share their APPROVAL process with me. How long it took Was it hard to get approved and how long it took with Masshealth? What were the basics of your "Letter of Necessity with Masshealth?" Thank you in advance, please email me at [email protected] RE:Where I am in the Process: I am in the process of seeing the DR. for the 2nd time around. He books all three appointments together. Psych, Nutr, and the primary visit. At Newton Welsley hospital I will see Dr.Thatur (Sorry, guessing how to spell his name) The staff is excellant. I have put this surgery off for the last two years. I am now READY to have it. After all the testing, approval etc. I canceled my surgery a month before because I wasn;t ready emotionally. I had Blue Cross at that time. I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to share their ups and downs in this.(plz email or call) It's a LONG process to get there but a life time of benefits post surgery! It;s always good to hear your not alone and what others went through to achieve success with this surgery. If you have ever used Newton Wessley Hosp. plz let me know your thoughts. Best of luck to all! Sam Williams Reading, Ma 781-942-1716 508-878-2152 [email protected]
Samara W.
on 5/16/03 2:34 pm - Reading, Ma
tesing
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/03 7:05 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Samara, I don't know much about your insurance but if you click Insurers on the left side of the mass message board page there is lots of info regarding cigna. I had my surgery Monday and the insurance was a breeze (Harvard Pilgrim PPO). Good luck in your search. Lynda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 615 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2183 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4368 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4496 views