Hello

Kim R.
on 6/18/03 2:04 am - Boston, MA
I am about two months new to Obesity Help.com and so far I love what I see, the support of all people such as yourselves. Thank you. My stage: I have just completed all of my tests/labs/CXR/EKG and Behavioral appointment last month and my initial consult is on July 3, 2003. Please email me regarding any advice, suggestions and/or comments that will help in the near future with my surgery and post op. I have no pictures yet because I have not had too much time between work and school and appointments to post any, however, in the next month I will put a pic or two in there so that we can "officially meet". Keep in touch and take care of yourselves (whether pre-op or post-op). Kim
KARENMAC
on 6/18/03 11:48 am - HOLDEN, MA
Hi Kim. I just had my lap RNY on 6/11 and feel better already! Luckily I didn't have too long to wait after I received my insurance approval, about 6 weeks before my surgical date. It did seem to drag by though! It's good to go on these web sites and read all that you can. It is very empowering. I'm not sure how old you are or what your responsibilities are (school, family, work, etc.), but our daily lives seem to keep us busy up until the date. I kept saying, "2 weeks from tomorrow", or "next week at this time it will be all over!". And now, here I am one week post-op and I can't believe it. I'm on my way! One recommendation is to surround yourself with supportive, positive people. You'll have many days when you question your decision for surgery and while you know why you're doing it, that's all some of the nay sayers need to latch onto and you'll start hearing all kinds of horror stories, etc. Keeping a positive spin on everything also helps. It will help you as you physically and mentally recover. Some days have been easier than others, and I'm still really new to the process! All I know is there isn't one person that I've spoken to that has had this procedure and regrets it. My PCP was thrilled to hear I had decided on it (and he's a friend of the family so I was a little concerned what his reaction would be). Good luck with the process and hope to hear back from you on your progress! Karen 6/11/03
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 615 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2183 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4368 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4496 views