I am so depressed! my surgery failed

Brenda B.
on 7/28/03 12:42 am - Lowell, Ma
I am a 42 year old female.In 1985 I had my first surgey and was what we thought was a sucessful surgery.I lost from 370 to 141 lbs,I am 5'9 and was a size 9 and needed no post plastic surgery I was 22.I had not realized anything was wrong and slowly over20 years my weight crept back up too 299. Last year I contacted a surgeon who came highly recommended and the hospital is extremly well known.On Feb,20th -2003 I embarked yet again to a life threatening surgey,the emotional ride getting there was more than I could bear.I was so fightened.Yet I knew this would change my life forever. I was in the hospital 4 days and released.with no complications.I slept the first two weeks away and on or about the third week my weight lose was about 25 lbs and by my next visit to see the surgeon i had lost about another 10lbs I spoke with him about I was eating anything I wanted and how I was concerned that this was so diffrent from the first time.he just smiled and said great keep up the good work see you in 2 mnths.My weight lose stopped at 40lbs and it took me 3 to 31/2 mnths post to realize that I had no food or amount of intake restriction.I have been in denial up to this point and outraged at this point and not quit sure as what to do next.IS there anyone out there who has had a revision and had this happen to them????? please help? Hopelessly depressed Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/03 1:09 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Brenda, I have not had a revision, but I do have a suggestion. I noticed on your profile that you went to Dr Robinson for your revision. You have two wonderful resources at your fingertips! One is Natalie Egan, the nutritionist. She is very helpful with talking to you about your eating patterns. She may be able to help you get back on track. The other resource is Gina Grudinskas, Dr. Robinson's PA. I have found her to be very helpful. I would encourage you to speak to both of them. I would be very surprised to find out that there is a problem with your revision surgery. But if you suspect something is not right...make an appt to see them!! Best of luck with your journey.
Gloria A.
on 8/7/03 4:21 am - Boston, MA
I am surprised, if you have lost all that weight at the beginning, my guess is that you are ok...don't worry, take the suggestion to speak with the dietician and the Dr's PC. Take care and good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 615 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2183 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4367 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4495 views