New Here Hoping To Have WLS

AnnaReich
on 7/30/03 3:56 am - Swansea, IL
HI All, well don't know how to begin, so I'll just say that this seems to be a great place to get info and support, I have been MO for about 25 years in the last 10 years things have goten worse. right now I am at about 300 Pounds and am 5'3" I don't like to leave my house any more I am 49 will be turing 50 this year , I have tried all the diets out there and have lost and regained all if not more of my weight. It feels good to know that there are others out there that have done so well with WLS...I was under the impression that my ins would not pay for WLS but after reading all the stories I know have hope I have a new PCP and he thinks that I am a good candidate for WLS he has made the refferal I am just waiting to make the initial appointment we have decided that I would go to MGH weight center I hope to get an Apt with DR Fergusen Any one have any exp with him or MGH Weight Center I would love to hear from you..
Terri B.
on 8/1/03 4:26 am - Auburn, MA
Welcome Anna, I understand exactly your thoughts and concerns. I was done at NWH by Dr Gazmuri. I researched RNY on every website, book and I work in a Trauma Center and I asked every doc I came in contact with. When I was comfortable with my facts, I found the right surgeon for me. The most important thing to remember is that there is noone in this world more important than yourself. There are alot of negatives out there, but in any surgery there are risks. I too am in my 40's and I wanted a better life for myself and my family. I decided to do this and then I told everyone else after my mind was 100% made up. I was done 7 months ago and I am down 90lbs and 55 inches. I have about 60 more lbs to go, but I am more than halfway there on my road to recovery. I have had many people tell me I was nuts to go this route, I had to put the negative people on the back burner and move forward. When you make up your mind and this is what you want to do, take a deep breath and march on. My life is coming back to me now. I had no idea what I was missing out on. I feel like I was reborn, given a second chance. All of us deserve a second chance, take it, learn from it and make your life better. Be proud of yourself, hold your head up high, and follow your head and your heart. From me to you, its the best thing I have ever done for myself, good luck and god speed..........Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 615 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2183 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4367 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4495 views