gyms on the south shore

citygirl1971
on 7/30/03 11:45 am - Quincy, MA
Hi All, I am just over two weeks post op from open RNY. I know that it is soon to begin going to a gym I would just like to figure out which one would be best for me. I have never gone to a gym before due to being so self conscious and out of shape. (maybe it is just me but I have yet to see a real looking woman coming out of one of those places, it is always the twenty year olds with the perfect bodies that I see) Anyway, I don't know what I should look for. How do I know which one would be a good match for someone who is still large and a beginner to the gym thing? In other words what Gym on the south shore would be the best to start? (I live in Weymouth). How long did you all wait before joining a gym? Thanks, Monique
Gloria A.
on 7/31/03 5:10 am - Boston, MA
hI Congrats on your surgery, I had mine in December 2002. I joined Curves. It is a comfortable place to work out but not elaborate. I also live in Weymouth, I go to the on on Rt 18 but there is a new on in Jackson Square. The cost is minimal, it is a workout place for women only and you can go at your own pace. Being overweight was always somehting I feel self conscious about but I don't mind going there. email me if you have any questions
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/03 12:21 pm - brockton, ma
hello1 Congrats on your surgery! I am supposed to get a date on the fifth i am so excited! Anyway to answer your question a nice cheap gym in holbrook mass is Strictly Fitness. Very cheap, and they are very helpful. I have heard good stories about curves on the other hand too, so you may want to try them as well. They are apparently more considerate of larger people. Hope that helped! ~alysia~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 615 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2183 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4368 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4495 views