Shopping = Epic Fail!!!

Kokonut
on 5/9/11 11:49 pm
Ok so I have a friend who's wedding is this weekend. I'M SO EXCITED!!! Of course I have known about it for MONTHS! I didn't go shopping any earlier since I was losing weight. I wanted to wait til closer to the date and see what I could find. I went shopping last Thursday with a super shopper friend..OMG WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

5 freakin' hours and ONE dress..ONE! I was OUT of my clothes more often than IN! I still don't have shoes either..and I tried on a fair bit of those as well. So yesterday in all my wisdom, I drop the baby off with SIL and hit the city to shop alone..cuz did I mention I HATE the dress?...once I got it home..YUCK! So once again I'm shopping away..getting bombarded by those "in mall sellers". I found ONE top that fit with a skirt someone gave me..thank GOD for generous people cuz, No jokes...I'd be nekkid! I put the shirt on hold and before I could get back and buy it I got called home!!! So today I have to call and see if they still have it on hold and see if they will keep it on hold until Thursday, when I go back in to the city for groceries. Should be a good time trying on clothes with a toddler in tow..LOL

I'm able to shop plus or regular stores, which could be a bonus..IF ANY OF IT FIT!... LOL Dressing this new, still changing body is a challenge. It sure is fun to grab smaller sizes though and NOT wear the biggest size in every store and feel like a sausage in a casing..you know?

I think I am just gonna run around nekkid!!!  or maybe a housecoat?...I know THAT fits me!

OK END RANT!...LOL
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Michelle_2975
on 5/10/11 12:53 am - Canada
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience shopping. Awesome NSV with your family (from other post).
Used2Bthin
on 5/10/11 1:19 am - Canada
I have not tried shopping for new clothes yet for the exact same reason.  I want to be delighted by what I see.  Funny how I can not tell that I have lost weight but everyone else around me tells me how much thinner I am looking.
Tanya W.
on 5/10/11 6:55 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I have never liked buying clothes. Even when I was thin, it was a hassle. I have a waist, but enormous hips and that does not make for an easy time in the stores.

I am at the point where my old clothes are starting to look ridiculous on me, so I wil have to bite the bullet and spend a day shopping soon.

Good luck finding something for the wedding! After all your work you deserve to look GORGEOUS!!!
May the shopping fairies be with you: 

Tanya 

Kokonut
on 5/10/11 7:19 am
Too bad alterations are so costly! *sigh* My clothes look odd on me too..but it's going to be a slow process of re-clothing myself!

Hopefully Thursday will have some good stuff for me :) Thanks Tanya!

notoriousgrannyD
on 5/10/11 7:30 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I was in the city on Thurs & Fri. on a shopping binge.  I was going to try and lump it with my old big clothes but since my surgery will be 85 years away, I decide "what the hey" and went nutso in Pennington's (If any of you still shop there, they are having a great sale!).  I got 9 tops, 1 outfit for my daughter's grad, 3 capri's, 1 pj, 3 yoga jackets (I have a second job at a gym) and some accessories.  I can't even imagine what I will be like when (in 85 years) I get my surgery and can shop ANYWHERE (aka EVERYWHERE).   Mind you I am still in the "if it fits, buy it - you may never find anything to fit again mode" lol

I am sure your next shopping experience will be better.   Keep your chin up, pretty soon you are only going to have one (*****lol

have a great day,

NGD
notoriousgrannyD
on 5/10/11 7:34 am
VSG on 10/16/12
okay, what is with the little astricks on everything???  I didn't put them there.  all I spelt was c-h-i-n-s - that's not a bad word (unless you have more than 4 or 5, like me - lol)

things that make you go hmmmmm.....
Kokonut
on 5/10/11 8:19 am
LMAO about the chin! I already only have one  now if I could keep the hair of it that would be golden! HAHAHAHA!

I think I am going to hit Penningtons this week and Addition Elle too! I browsed online, but the stores have stuff you wont find online. I thin it will be worth a try, plus Payless is right by the one I would go to..LOL Whole outfits rock!

I'm so looking forward to meeting you, hopefully it won't take 85 yrs!

Mishyme
on 5/10/11 11:35 am
You guys need to go check out Zellers!! 

They have a sale on buy one get half off 2nd!  Cheap, nice clothes!! 

Look on the Additional discount area, big discounts on lowest sticker price!!

Check out kijjijii! 

Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
notoriousgrannyD
on 5/10/11 1:38 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
Confession: spent $200 in zellers (I DID buy my husband some shorts and my son some gotch though - it wasn't ALL for me! lol) and got some really nice Carol Reed capris - with GOOD prices

And I went to Addition Elle, same result.  Got the most beautiful shrug.......

anywho, I think and big and beautiful stores where having a price war (probably knew I was in town)

I hope you can find the same retail happiness Kokonut!

PS - I would trade my retail happiness for 40 years off my "sentence" lol

NGD
Most Active