Wait list

dawn251
on 8/2/11 12:38 pm
 Is the wait seriously 3 years for surgery in Manitoba?
newme210
on 8/2/11 1:00 pm
Yes, I went to MedicineHat for mine and the wait was just as long.
Tanya W.
on 8/3/11 3:30 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I don't know if it is quite that long yet.
The last time I heard, it takes about 1 year from the time of your referral to the time of your appointment with your surgeon. Then, it can take 3-6 months after that to get a surgery date.

You can certainly count on waiting at least 1.5 years.

Tanya

dawn251
on 8/4/11 1:06 am
 Thank you for the replies. 

I decided to go straight to the source and I called Andrea. You are correct the wait from referral to first consulation with a Dr. is approx 1 year. The wait for surgery after the consulation with the Dr. is 3-6 months. 

This brings me some comfort. Although not ideal I think a 18 month wait is managable. 
justlori
on 8/4/11 4:10 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12

Phew!!  Sure beats a 3-year wait.   Thanks for the info.  Sometimes I think Andrea should just join this message board and post monthly updates regarding wait times/what referal months they're working on, etc.  I'm sure she'd save herself from answering a few dozen phone calls every week. 

dawn251
on 8/4/11 12:38 pm
I agree Lori. I felt bad calling but I just knew I would feel better either way to hear it from the source. I am a planner and I plan on getting this surgery one way or another. I just prefer to have it in my own province. 
Most Active