Fatigue during cycle

Lynn B.
on 8/4/11 12:47 am
 Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on July 18/11 and everything went well.  The only problems I have had since are severe pain and cramping one evening (due to my own mistake of taking 3 of my supplements without crushing them first - bad idea!  I was at the Emergency Ward with my toddler and realized I hadn't taken these yet, decided just to wash them down one at a time with water).
The other problem I experienced in the last couple days is extreme fatigue - to the point where I thought I would faint.  I had to ask my parents to come and pick us up as I was afraid to be alone with my daughter.  The only thing I can think is that I hadn't had as much sleep as usual and I was having my first menstrual cycle since surgery.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I seem to be better today, but it was scary.

I am also having a real hard time getting down my iron supplement (crushed).  It tastes like I am eating metal shavings and makes me throw up, even mixed with applesauce.  I am going to ask my pharmacist if it comes in any other format. 

The scale is starting to go down again (after going up 9 lbs after surgery) - am now down 11 lbs. from my surgery weight. 

Sure am looking forward to eating solids again though - am going shopping today to try and find some new variety for this pureed diet - need more protein foods in my fridge!

Lynn

Tanya W.
on 8/5/11 2:58 am - Winnipeg, Canada
It is not unusual to feel extremely weak right after surgery. If it lasts too long, definitely check in with your doctor. It took me about 2.5 months before my energy levels were back to normal.

Dr. Vergis told me not to worry about taking vitamin supplements for the first month. It is necessary in the long run, but immediately after surgery I just couldn't tolerate them.

It is great that the scale is finally starting to move for you - doesn't it feel great!?!

Take Care of Yourself!

Tanya
Most Active